Is there a way I can fix my breasts without surgery? (photos)

My breasts have looked like this since puberty and I am very self conscious of them. Is there a way that I can change the shape without surgery of any kind?

Unhappy with shape

You have posed a really interesting question about the possibility of reshaping a breast without surgery. Any plastic surgeon who tries to answer your question, unfortunately, is at a great disatvantage because we need to rely on good photography and a thourough physical exam to determine what your options might be. Photos taken at an angle, or when patients are half clothed or in the shadows make this on-line educational platform much more difficult. Photos should be taken preferably by a friend or family member, from the front and side,from your neck to below your breasts, and with good lighting. 

As far as lifting the breasts without surgery, there are some newer thread lift type procedures that may possibly give some improvement. One technique is called the Refine Suture Suspension technique. A thread like permanent suture is used to suspend the breast on the chest and get some lift to the gland and areola. While this procedure sounds quite promising, there is not a lot of long term data that will help you decide if the procedure is worth it. The standard procedure for a long lasting breast lift and breast reshaping is a mastopexy. 

Sea Girt Plastic Surgeon

Breast evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question. I highly recommend that you have an in-person consultation with a breast surgery expert who can give you advice after a full examination.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photograph.

Without cosmetic surgery, there really is no other way to permanently alter the appearance of your breasts. I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have an examination of your breasts done. At that point, the surgeon can recommend whether you need a breast lift, breast augmentation or both based on your anatomy and cosmetic goals. At my office, we use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view what your breasts would look like after a lift, or view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose.  
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Breast shape

I highly recommend that you have an in-person consultation with a plastic surgeon who can give you advice after a full examination.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon for similar shaped breasts . there is not a good non surgical option available

Breast augmentation candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

I recommend you Cohesive Gel - Silicone Breast Implants with textured cover ("gummy bear implants". They are quite safe and aesthetically best as they give a firmer consistency, better projection and most natural appearance than Saline implants. Respectfully, Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast augmentation alternatives?

Thank you for your question. Surgery is the best method to change the shape of your breasts. There are no medications, injectables, or other products that will predictably and safely augment the breast. Best is to have a consultation to get the best plan for you. Breast augmentation is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results in a variety of breasts types. Most important is a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon regarding this procedure. Don’t settle for less!

Change shape without surgery

There is no procedure that is non-surgical  that can improve the shape of the breasts. It also depends upon what you need.

Breasts augmentation with mini lift

Dear EanJayne,

Thanks for submitting your picture. From observing your picture, you appear to be A cup size with level  2 ptosis , stretch marks and large areolas. 

Your best option is breasts augmentation with mini lift (donut, Benneli) , which will give you beautiful and perky breasts with smaller and more attractive areolas. The procedure will be one of the best investments in yourself. It will increase your self esteem, your sense of femininity and make shopping fun...

Not all results are the same, because experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good outcome. So, do you due diligence carefully and choose your surgeon wisely , to avoid redo surgery.

Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking. Also, check the reviews on 'RealSelf' for ratings and positive experience reports.

Dr Widder

Non-invasive breast lift

Many women like yourself are hoping that non-surgical breast lifts will give the a beautiful shape without surgery because they are understandably concerned about scarring their breasts.  Though there are some non-invasive skin tightening machines available, none of them offer a permanent solution to your type of problem.  In other words, the skin may shrink for a few months or maybe a year, but then it all relaxes and you eventually end up with the same shape. I would encourage you to seek out a board-certified plastic surgeon with lots of experience with your type of shape.  View their before and after photos (especially the long-term photos) to at least explore what is possible. They will also be able to address the concerns you have regarding surgery.  Best wishes!

Non-surgical options

Thank you for your question and attaching pictures. Your best option is to see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who is a member of ASAPS and ASPS. The surgeon will review all options available and discuss your desired goals. Without knowing what it is other than “shape” that you are unhappy with, it is difficult to give you suggestions. Unfortunately from a non-surgical standpoint there is not much that can be done to improve shape. Go in for a consultation and explore your options if and when you are ready to consider surgical options.