Is this discomfort/pain normal at 7 weeks post op ? What could be causing it? (Photos)

Dear doctors, I' m 7 weeks post op , had 255 cc teardrop dual plane and experiencing continue discomfort/pain around My left Breast crease.It feels like the breast it's very heavy and not supported so I feel pressure on the crease even if I wear a supportive bra and gets worse with a bit of pain if I cough or laugh. What could it be causing this ? I saw my ps and he said not to worry but I'm still worried as it is being the same for 2 weeks now. I really appreciate your help .Thanks in advance.

7 weeks post op

You are still in the early healing process and it's not uncommon for patients to still have some discomfort at this time. Some things that may help alleviate your pain is wearing a supportive bra, ibuprofen, applying ice around the breasts (avoiding the incision line), and limiting aggressive arm movements that engage the chest muscle.   As with anything please contact your plastic surgeon to see what he recommends. Best of luck.

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Though there does not appear to be any significant concerns in your photographs it is important that you maintain close follow up with your surgeon to ensure an uncomplicated recovery.  At 7 weeks you are still early in your postoperative course and it is common for new breast augmentation women to feel that they are heavy or not yet a part of them. Allow yourself a bit more time, this discomfort should resolve on its own.  

Pain at fold

You were right to see your surgeon to make sure everything is OK.    He is the best one to guide you at this point being that he knows intimately what was done in the OR. Good luck.

Breasts augmentation discomfort

Dear Layla,   Thanks for submitting your picture and sorry for your trouble.   From observing your picture, it appears that your breasts crease are too low, especially on your left side, your cleavage is wide and your upper pole are flat.    Without examining you, it is difficult to tell for sure if you have  capsule contracture that is giving you wide cleavage and is pushing your implants downward against the creases, lowering them and causing you the discomfort.   I would recommend that you do implants displacement massage, especially  upward, to loosen up the pocket and allow the creases to move upward, to a more natural level. It is still early in the healing process and you can still improve on your situation. If after 3-4 months of intense massage, things do not get better, corrective surgery might be necessary.   If you do not get satisfactory response from your surgeon, consult with experience  board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of redo breasts augmentation  for second opinion. Check their before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking.                        Best of luck,                                             Dr Widder      

Hi and thanks for your question.Is too soon to be  pain free. Ask your PS to prescribe you  some pain killers and B complex, and take them daily.Congratulations you have fabulous results.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

2 months post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. Its too early to talk about results. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.  Kind regards, Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD