How do you develop an inverted v (rhinoplasty)?

when my cast came of it didn't look like I had one and now 5 weeks later I have been told that I do?

Inverted V deformity

I'm sorry to hear you have this complication, but he good news is that it is fixable. This results from the separation of the upper lateral cartilages from your nasal bones and their collapse along the side of the middle vault of the nose. The treatment is a revision surgery after you have given your nose time to heal. During this surgery the upper lateral cartilages are resuspended along the dorsal septum using spreader grafts. 

New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Inverted V

Inverted V deformity comes from the upper lateral cartilage collapsing against the septum, usually after a hump was removed. It can be treated (or prevented!) by resuspending the upper lateral cartilages to the septum with spreader grafts. Get a consult in person with a rhinoplasty expert!

J. Charles Finn, MD
Raleigh-Durham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Inverted-V deformity after rhinoplasty

It is difficult to make an assessment without photos but, generally, an inverted-V deformity transpires when the middle 1/3 of the nose lacks support and there develops a demarcation between the bony upper third and the middle third of the nose.  

Anthony Bared, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hard to answer

Its really hard to answer with so little information and pics. Please provide some pics and more details, so we could help.

Regards

Dr Hernandez Pizzoglio

Alejandro Hernandez Pizzoglio, MD