Can I get a defined nose with this much fat/thick skin outside and around my nasal cartilage? (Photo)

I met with a cosmetic surgeon today who said I'd be wasting my money if I did Rhinoplasty as there is too much fat and thick skin surrounding the cartilage inside my nose. I was incredibly disappointed so thought I'd ask here and post some photos to avoid paying a second hefty consult fee only to get ushered out the door. I mean I appreciate his honesty but is he right? Surely there can be a way to reduce the bulk and have the nose tip point down a tad and not look so "piggish" Thanks

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD