Butt Implants and Heavy Weight Training?

Just a general question out of curiosity in regards to Butt (Gluteal) Implants and Exercise. What are the risks involved with heavy weightlifting and training if someone has such implants? Do Doctors advise against such sorts of training once such a surgery is performed? Is there a weight or movement limit to this? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

No problem! Assuming you have great implant placement and are well healed you can return to full exercise. My patients generally seek to have a perky or curvaceous butt that is shapely, whether they are full-figured and voluptuous or shredded fitness types (like yourself), and everything in the middle.  Consider a consultation with a plastic surgeon who does all 3 major types of enhancements to understand all your options.

Butt implants and excercise

Dear fitgirl91,If you have them placed properly inside your muscle you should not have any problems. Many of my buttock implant patients are actually bodybuilders and I have not had any problems so far.This refers to intramsucular placement. Submuscular placement, which I recommend to avoid, is a different story.

Alexander Aslani, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Buttock Implants

When one is well healed you can return to full exercise. This will require waiting until 2 months after your buttock implant surgery before doing so.

Weight lifting after butt implants surgery

Dear fitgirl,       Many factors play a role in getting a good outcome from any surgery, but especially so, from butt implants surgery. That is due to the vicinity of the incision to the rectal area , which is not a clean area and can contaminate and infect an open wound. So, it is very important to protect the wound and let it heal asap. Strenuous activity , like heavy weight lifting, can disrupt the wound and that can lead to infection that might enter the implants' pockets, requiring the removal of the implants. For that reason, I disallow my patients to engage in such activity (including sex) for 6 weeks. In addition they have a drain for 1 week , in order to remove the pressure on the wound from excess fluid accumulation and they wear a Velcro binder to protect the wound and prevent bleeding.   Not all butt implants results are the same, because there are different techniques and different implants. Additionally, experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good outcome. So, do your due diligence carefully and choose your surgeon wisely.    Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of butt implants surgery in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice 'S' curve, nice hips curve, nice projection and natural look. Also, check the reviews on 'Realself' for reviews and positive experience reports.                         All the best,                                                 Dr Widder

Butt implants and weight lifting

Once you are fully healed and get the go ahead from your surgeon, you should be able to do just about anything.  Good luck.