18 days post breast lift with 200cc (Photo)

I have had a breast lift with 200cc implants put 18days ago. Now that the swelling has gone down I can see a massive difference. Right breast (right on the photos too) is pancake flat one the bottom. I am guessing this isn't normal. I have already contacted the surgery with photos but the answer I get "it needs time" surely they can seee soemething went wrong? Any advice will be appreciated as I am absolutely freaking out:(

Breast shape

You are very early in the healing process, and your surgeon is right to tell you that it will take time for things to soften up. Be patient, good luck.

18 days post-op asymmetry

It is very early in the evolution of your result, and the asymmetries and shape issues you are currently seeing will change significantly over the next weeks to months.  The breast will soften and round out at the bottom, implants will settle to some degree, and the breast will become more natural looking.  It does not appear that anything "went wrong" with your surgery.  At the same time, keep in touch with your surgeon during your recovery for reassurance and evaluation of your result over time.

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

Its early to talk about results. 

In my practice, after performing a BA+BL I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast lift - has it gone wrong?

Thank you for asking about your breast implants.

• I understand your anxiety but your surgeon is right.
  • Your implants are under the muscle.
  • Muscle goes into spasm after surgery - and pushes the implants up.
  • Once the muscle is loose, the implant settles.
  • One side always settles first.
  • So nothing has gone wrong except you were not fully prepared in advance to deal with this.
  • It can take weeks, even months to settle in place.
  • If implants don't settle in place by the end of 6 months, they need a revision but this is uncommon.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS