I had dental implant surgery with a bone graft and I'm still having pain over a month after. Is that normal?

Pain 1 month post-op bone graft and implant

It is not normal for pain to be present 1 month after this surgery.  It's possible that the area is infected and may need further treatment.  Please return to your surgeon to have the area evaluated and treated as necessary.

Charlotte Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Pain after a month with implant and bone grafting surgery

Pain after a month following implant and bone grafting surgery is certainly concerning. Your surgeon should evaluate the site for signs of inflammation or infection and determine the health of the surrounding tissues.

H. Ryan Kazemi, DMD
Bethesda Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Schedule an evaluation

You should return to the surgeon who performed the implant for re-evaluation. Anytime pain remains for more than a week or two after surgery, the cause should be assessed.
Douglas Jopling,  DDS Dallas,  Texas area