Could I benefit from just liposuction? Would a mini tummy tuck with excision of skin ba an option? (photo)

Or I need full tummy tuck? I've never had children. I had back surgery and they went in through the front like a c-section. I tried working out but it never tightens up. I lost some weight an now looks worse...what is my best option I want all this fat/excess skin off of me.

Tummy tuck candidate

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos you appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck procedure to  remove the excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen and to restore the weakened abdominal wall, giving a firmer and smoother appearance. We nearly always add liposuction to our tummy tucks to sculpt the body 360 degrees to achieve an ideal feminine figure. Tummy tuck is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results if done correctly.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Lipo vs Tummy TUck

Based on your pictures, you appear to be a great candidate for a mixture of both. You would need a full tummy tuck to address all of the loose skin. Adding liposuction to your posterior flanks would give you a full 360 reduction in volume. A tummy tuck should be held off until you are finished having any children. Make sure to visit a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Full Abdominoplasty is the Answer

Based on your pictures, it appears you would benefit most from a full abdominoplasty and liposuction.  A mini-tuck can help improve the lower abdominal area, but it is not powerful enough to address the entire abdomen.  A full abdominoplasty allows you to re-drape the entire abdomen, as well as fix the abdominal wall if need be at the same time.  The best thing to do is to go fro a few consultations with board certified plastic surgeons and see what is recommended.  I hope this helps. 

Lipo or TT

Hi there,I was reading thru your profile you are 31, never had children, and you are 5'4 for 224 Lbs which brings your BMI to 38.you should concentrate on losing weight to bring your BMI less than 30.to do so, hit the gym, and / or walk 3 miles a day in 1 h.follow the Dukan diet.do not drink sodas, even sugar-free.ask your doctor for a Rx for Wellbutrin to help you control the sugar craving, and eventually also for Topamax.then consider only liposuction:you are still young, and if ever you have children, then a TT will be stretched out. if you are sure you will not have children, then you will need both: liposuction and a TT.Hope this helps,F. Mussat

Florence Mussat, MD

Which Body Contouring Operation for me: Lipo, Mini TT etc?

Thank you for the photos. They are very helpful. While various operations "can" be done on you with modest improvement, I believe you are asking what would produce the most dramatic improvement. From your photos you appear to have a BMI of over 30 which defines obesity. As such these operations can be done but the results would be average and Associated complications would be high. If you could lose weight bringing the BMI lower you would get much nicer results. You appear to have a large excess of skin above and below the belly button making an Extended Tummy Tuck Necessary and you have a large amount of fat inside the belly which can only be reduced with weight loss and a large amount of fat under the skin both front and back which needs to go to reveal a nicer attractive figure created by the tummy tuck. If these findings are verified by physical examination and you have no serious medical issues including nicotine use, I would suggest you modify your diet and practically cut out all carbs and increasing lean protein foods, then have circumferential liposuction to shape the back and bunk out or "pop" the buttocks as well as defat the upper tummy including the under rib areas. This would result in a shapelier and thinner you but the skin which is now filled and pushed forward by fat would sag ( as it already does over yiur privates). But that is good news. The more it sags the more can be taken off 6-12 months with a Tummy Tuck which WILL complete the transformation giving you a much nicer figure Dr. Peter A. AldeaMemphis, TN

Could I benefit from just liposuction? Would a mini tummy tuck with excision of skin ba an option?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs.  I think you would most benefit from a full tummy tuck and liposuction of your waist, hips and flanks.  The tummy tuck will tighten your stomach muscles, helping to achieve a flatter appearance, while removing excess skin and adipose tissue.  Liposuction can be used to enhance your tummy tuck results by narrowing your waist and removing isolated areas of diet and exercise resistant fat.  Follow a healthy diet and exercise routine until you reach your desired goal weight.  This should be one that you feel comfortable at and can maintain.  Then seek an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to discuss your desired outcome. Hope that this helps.

Could I benefit from just liposuction? Would a mini tummy tuck with excision of skin be an option?

Thank you for your question.  Looking at your photos, to get the best result you will need liposuction of the abdomen and waist combined with a full tummy tuck.  You have excess skin both above and below your belly button which makes it clear that you need the full tummy tuck.  These procedures can easily all be done on the same day.If you were to go with liposuction alone, I would advise you that you are at very high risk for ending up with loose, hanging skin, which makes most patients unhappy with their results.Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.  Best of luck to you! 

Liposuction may give some improvement but a tummy tuck would give more dramatic results. See link below for examples.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS