Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck? (Photo)

I wanted to know will my belly be flat as I have seen here with other candidates and will I still have my figure 8 curves on the sides of my belly because I have seen a lot of people who's tummies are shaped like boxes after a tt I'm praying I'm not one of those people

Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck?

No online opinion can substitute for an examination and consultation with a plastic surgeon but it appears that from the limited information provided by your photo you will likely benefit from a tummy tuck.  Will you be flat and maintain your curves?  That is something you need to discuss with your surgeon and, even then, it is unlikely that a definitive answer can be given.  Remember, you can obtain significant improvement without being absolutely flat so approach this with realistic expectations.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck candidate

Thank you for your question. Yes, I believe based on the picture you posted you would benefit from a tummy tuck. You appear to have a good amount of internal fat, that cannot be removed surgically. Decreasing the internal fat will result in a more flattened appearance. Best of luck.

Ed Breazeale, Jr., MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck

It appears from your photograph that you have a good amount of fat inside your abdomen, below the muscles. That will likely leave you with a more boxy result after a tummy tuck as they will not be able to narrow your waist due to the intra-abdmonal contents

Julio Garcia, MD

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck?

You look like you have a combination of external fat and loose skin, but also internal fat around your organs. Doing a tummy tuck at your current weight will tighten the loose skin and remove some of the external fat, but your abdomen may not be flat due to the roundness caused by the internal fat. Losing weight is the only way to get rid of the internal fat and this would allow for the skin to be pulled tighter when the procedure is performed.

Tummy Tuck

From the photo you included, a tummy tuck looks like it would help you. An in person exam would help determine how much deep visceral fat you have. If there's a fair amount, then weight loss prior to tummy tuck would make for a better result. Try to find a plastic surgeon in your region to discuss this with. Good luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck Candidate

Thank you very much for your question.

Based on your picture, you do appear to be a candidate for a tummy tuck.  Whether or not you are able to get the ultimate result you desire will require an in-person examination.  I recommend you visit with a plastic surgeon who will examine you, and then come up with a good plan after discussing your goals.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Tummy tuck

It does appear that you are a good candidate for an abdominoplasty.  This should help with your extra skin and looseness of the muscle. I reccomend a board certified plastic surgeon 

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your photo and question. You seem to be a good candidate for tummy tuck and flank liposuction to a grieve your desired look. It's always best to do such surgery when you are at or close to your desired weight. It's best to have a thorough consultation area. Good luck!Dr. Dhaval Patel 

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck?

Based on your photo, it does appear that you may be a good candidate for a tummy tuck.  It is difficult to give you a definite answer without seeing more photos and eventually, see you in the office for a consult.

You appear to have excess skin of your abdomen.  However, I cannot tell if you have significant weight inside your belly, which could mean that you would want to lose some weight before proceeding with your tummy tuck.  

A tummy tuck will help accentuate your curves, but you may want to add in liposuction of the waist to really give yourself that "figure 8" that you mention.  I have never had a patient complain of looking like a box after a tummy tuck -- everyone is thrilled with their new look from this wonderful surgery!  Best of luck!

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck?

Based on one picture, it is not possible to tell if a tummy tuck will give you the results you desire. An in-person evaluation would be best. 

See link below for examples.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS