How can I get rid of this loose skin on my belly? (photos)

I have four kids all i gave birth to between the ages of 18 and 22 the last two was a set of twins. I work out everyday an I've lost all post baby weight but now my belly looks like a grocery bag and I'm still young how can i get it to tighten back up

How can I get rid of this loose skin on my belly?

Thank you for your question

If you have excess fat and skin tissue in any other parts of your body then different operations can be also performed in order to achieve a better result. Liposculpture, arm lift, neck lift, tight lift and Butt Reshaping surgeries can also be combined with Tummy Tuck operation.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck only

Tummy tuck is the only solution to our problem, beware from liposuctioners and other kind of magicians, accept abdominoplasty only, with the price of a very visible scar.

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Surgery

People who have especially slack skin in their midsection need more than what liposuction alone can offer. Typical candidates for a full tummy tuck are women with drooping abdomens after pregnancy, women and men who've lost a great deal of weight, menopausal women, or older people with loose skin due to age. In the tummy tuck, the skin from the rib cage down to the pelvic area is tightened, and the navel is moved up and secured in a new position. Alternatively, a mini-tummy tuck is especially effective for people who look pretty good from the navel up. The main difference between the 2 procedures is that the mini-tummy tuck doesn't require moving or reconstructing the navel and the incision is shorter than the one made in a full tummy tuck.

Something else to consider would be Thermage. Thermage® is a safe, non-invasive, radiofrequency (RF) cosmetic procedure that’s clinically proven to help smooth, tighten and contour skin for an overall younger looking appearance. Thermage® uses radiofrequency technology to heat the deep, collagen rich layers of your skin. The heat helps tighten existing collagen and stimulate the formation of new collagen, which reduces sagging, renews contours, and improves the smoothness and texture of the skin’s surface. Thermage® can treat wrinkled, crepey, sagging or bulging skin as well as the appearance of cellulite. I suggest you make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon who can discuss your options with you in detail.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

The operation is called a full Tummy Tuck operation. Best to seek in person opinions from boarded PSs in your area. 

How to get rid of loose skin in young mother

You will definitely need to consider a tummy tuck procedure as liposuction will not correct the loose skin on your abdomen. Liposuction may be an option for your hips. 

Loose skin on my belly after kids.

We would all like to think that a celebrity post baby tummy is the norm but very many will have lost skin tone and develop skin excess and stretch marks, especially after four pregnancies. Your photo also shows lack of muscular tone for a diastasis or separation or the sit up muscles. Tummy tuck is designed to correct these issues, regain muscle tone and contour, and skin laxity. You are still young, so time to explore the procedure.

There are a variety of tummy tucks that can produce a good cosmetic result in the appropriate patient: a mini tummy tuck, a modified with an umbilical float, or a variety of a full abdominoplasty, all of which may, or may not, include tightening of the muscle and liposuction. Generally if there is significant loose skin above the umbilicus (belly button), as there appears to be in your photos, a full tummy tuck will result in a greater correction and better outcome.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Generally speaking, the best way to remove loose skin is to surgically excise it.  This would best be accomplished with a tummy tuck procedure.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon can help you understand what your options are, and if you would be an appropriate candidate for the procedure.  

Josef Hadeed, MD, FACS

Based on your photos- you are a great candidate for abdominoplasty ( tummy tuck) with liposuction of flanks and possibly hips. This is the only way to get rid of your excess skin, tighten your muscles. Seek an experienced Board Certified PS for in person examination.

Hello lady. I think you would look very nice with a Tummy Tuck and lipo of your sides. The exercises will not give you nice resolts.  Am at your command lady.
                                                             Dr. Marte.

Manuel Marte, MD