Would I respond well to a turbinate reduction if I respond well to Afrin?

After a year of trying every corticosteroid spray, anti-histamine, OTC/Rx allergy medication to treat swollen turbinates, my ENT has recommended a septoplasty and turbinate reduction. A short while ago I found the only thing that works is Afrin but you can't take it for extended periods. Afrin keeps my nose clear and lets me feel like I did before my turbinates started having issues. Is this information positive news that points to good chances at responding well to surgery?

Turbinate Reduction

Hi Charles, Afrin works by constricting the nasal lining, especially the turbinates. If Afrin is effective, there is a good chance the proposed surgery will help your breathing if the turbnates are inflamed, which seems the case.
Hope this helps, Javad Sajan, MD