Does hair removal laser work for upper arm (from elbow to shoulder)?

Hello, I want to have hair removal laser on my upper arm (from elbow to shoulder). However, the nurse told me that the upper arm hair is related to hormones and can be even worse if I use laser. This is while I am sure that I do not have any hormone issues. I was wondering if she was right. Thanks

Hair removal of arms

I'm not a huge fan of treating arms with the laser. True, things can worsen if not treated appropriately, particularly with too low settings. Often these hairs are not very thick and the laser has a hard time generating enough heat in the follicle to kill the hair. What happens is it partial destroys the follicle and leads to thinner hair, which is even harder to treat. Also, if of Mediterranean heritage, paradoxical hair growth is more common.