Are under eye or cheek fillers a better option for me? (photo)

Hello, I had upper cheek filler (Teosyal) a year ago that needed to be removed with hyaluronidaise due to complications with swelling. The hyaluronidaise the area under my eyes and at the top of my cheeks extremely flat. I am unhappy about this and would like to have it corrected. I was advised both under eye, as well as cheek filler (using a different filler then the one used last time). I am not sure which of these would be the better option for me.. Advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Doctor Answers 5

Under eye and cheek fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi Jelena, I would suggest cheek fillers first, and then in several weeks looking to do undereye fillers. Here in the US the best fillers for this would be Voluma, as it gives a natural looking appearance and lasts up to 2 years. If you recently had to have fillers dissolved, I would go for fillers with different active ingredients than last time and starting very slow, like 1/2 syringe per side.

Columbus Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 24 reviews

Commence with Cheek Fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear Jelena14:

I would suggest commencing with cheek fillers like Voluma and re-assessing the tear troughs 2-4 weeks later.  Please see an expert injector for best results.  All the best.

Are under eye or cheek fillers a better option for me?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello, and thanks for your question. Unfortunately, it is difficult to suggest a specific plan based on the provided photo. It would be helpful to see a photo with better lighting, with your face in a neutral position. However, I suspect that you would likely benefit from volume both in your tear troughs, as well as in your cheeks. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

Under eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

From your picture it is difficult to evaluate the problem areas. I would suggest a close up photo with no flash. If you have already had chronic swelling complications from HA injunctions.. Then I would recommend trying non- HA fillers such as Radiesse or fat injection. Good Luck! 

Ali Ghafouri, MD
Scottsdale Oculoplastic Surgeon

Cheek and under eye fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question and photo. It is difficult to see the contours of the cheek and tear troughs in the photo. Generally speaking, having high cheek bones and good volume done in a natural way can be feminizing and youthful. Undereye filler gives you a subtle volume increase under your eyes for a less tired look. Teosyal under eye filler (redensity II) is ideal for tear troughs. Juvederm products can be great in the cheeks. Go for a consultation and get an opinion. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.