Is it worth it? (Photo)

Is it worth getting Labiaplasty ? I've never really cared about how my Libia looks, until a few years back. My ex boyfriend made a comment about how it looks. In which brought down my self esteem. I've seen pictures and videos of women who have PLENTY of sex and seem to have a "pretty" vagina. Sometimes I don't even want to partake in intercourse or even be in certain positions because of how it looks and the darkness of it.

Labiaplasty

Agree with Dr. Oppenheimer, I am glad that he is an EX-boyfriend.   If the size of the labia are making your self-conscious or if extra labia skin makes intercourse uncomfortable, then a labiaplasty is certainly money well spent. 

Labiaplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Labiaplasty options in Los Angeles

Being self-conscious of your labia is a good reason to remove the excess labial tissue. The procedure is extremely gratifying and can help restore your sel-confidence in the area. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Labiaplasty options in Los Angeles

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Labiaplasty, Worth it

Labiaplasty is most commonly performed for women that have normal labia. Labia come in various shapes and sizes; this variation is part of their beauty. Discomfort during activities due to the size of the labia is a more practical indication for performing labiaplasty. Reduction of the labia rather than amputation is the goal of this surgery. Hood and clitoral reduction are more risky as it involves cutting tissues close to the clitoris; this may highten or decrease clitoral sensitivity. Imbalances between the labia minora and majora can make the minora appear larger or more prominant. This can be improved with fat injection augmentation to the labia majora. Many women are dissastisfied with labiaplasty because although surgery can improve appearance and self esteem it does not bring happiness. After all who really looks at the labia but a woman herself? If a man has issues with the appearance a woman's labia there are underlying undisclosed issues which should be bought to light. This is why it is best for most women who undergo labia surgery to undergo psychological evaluation prior to undergoing the operation.
There are various techniques to perform labiaplasty; this means that there is no one superior technique. Properly performed surgery will usually accomplish satisfactory results using full anesthesia or mild sedation depending on the patient's preference. Prices can vary between $2000-$6000 depending on the pricing of the surgeon and the cost of the anesthesia and facility if applicable.
Please consult with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Labiaplasty, Worth it

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Labiaplasty... is it worth it?

It is if you find your anatomy excessive and with to have a more 'trimmed' look.  You have a normal vulva and there is nothing wrong with you.  But you can change things if you are motivated to do so.  Wedge techniques in general is the safer way to do this if it applies to your situation.

Labiaplasty... is it worth it?

Is it labia minora surgery worth it?

I am sorry to hear about your ex-boyfriend's comments…hopefully, you will not make any important decisions based on another person's less that intelligent remarks.

Ultimately, whether or not to proceed with labia minor reduction surgery will be a very personal decision that should be made only after careful consideration of pros/cons/wrist/complications associated with the procedure.  If you choose to proceed, select  your plastic surgeon carefully. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with.  Communicate your goals carefully as well. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Is it labia minora surgery worth it?

Labiaplasty for self esteem

I think getting rid of your ex-boyfriend was the solution to your problem. Men don't care what your vagina or labia look like. No two people can agree on what a pretty vagina should look like. So if you have a desire to reshape your vagina, don't do it for reasons that have nothing to do with your own aesthetic sense.

Labiaplasty for self esteem

Huge spectrum of "normal"

Let me start off by saying that there is no "normal" labia-there is a huge spectrum of normal and beautiful! I am sorry that you had to deal with that but I too (like the other Doctors) am happy that he is an Ex-boyfriend.

Even though everything looks normal, if it bothers you, there is something that can be done about it. A lot of women that get a reduction of the inner labia (labiaplasty) do so because it hangs past the outer lips, looks bulky in clothes, and can cause friction irritation with certain activities. Women that get the outer lips reduced (surgery), filled with fillers or fat from deflation (minor procedure), or tightened (radiofrequency/thermal probes), do so because they hang excessively when standing and are wrinkled excessively from extra skin when laying (so called "clam shell deformity").

This can often be combined with clitoral hood reduction when the tissue on top of the clitoris is redundant and hangs over the clitoris, reducing sensation, or not aesthetically pleasing to the woman when she looks at it.

I agree that it is very important to find a plastic surgeon or other physician that is conservative because that is the key to a more youthful, balanced appearance to the vulvar area.

In conclusion-nothing needs to be done if it doesn't bother you and it should NEVER be done to satisfy someone else. But, if it does bother you, many of these procedures can be life changing and can do wonders to enhance one's self-esteem.

Huge spectrum of "normal"