What procedure would be suggested to fix my disproportionate chin and make my face appear all around thinner and longer? (Photo)

I have a very round face. I would like my face to have more definition, look thinner and appear a bit longer. I also have a problem where my left side of my face (chin area specifically) is bigger than the right side. My nose has also been broken and has a bump and in front profile looks like it swerves slightly and is not straight. I dont want to be excessive or have unnecessary surgeries. What would be suggested to correct these problems? Thank you

Vertical Lengthening Genioplasty

Only a vertical opening intraoral genioplasty can vertically lengthen your chin as well as be modified to improve your chin asymmetry as well. This will result in a longer face that looks thinner. At the same time a rhinoplasty can be done to address your nose shape concerns as well.

What procedures would be suggested to fix my disproportionate chin and make my face longer?

From the limited photos, the dorsal hump will need to be removed from the nose with a rhinoplasty procedure. This also can accomplish narrowing and straightening the bridge line and adjusting the tip if necessary. The photographs also demonstrate a weak and recessive chin profile, for which a chin implant can improve. Chin implants  augment the chin forward and also give additional length and width. For more information, diagrams of the chin implants themselves and many before-and-after results, please see the link and the video below

What procedure would be suggested to fix my disproportionate chin and make my face appear all around thinner and longer?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years.  From the photos, your cheeks are very flat in the front, there is some excess below the cheeks, chin is weak are are the posterior (back) portions of the jaw line.  These combine to create an elongated, rectangularly shaped face.  

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

The back portion of your jaw line is a bit weak and can be augmented, without making your face appear masculine, using precise placement of a dermal filler (I prefer using Restylane Lyft).  

Hope this helps.

Nose and chin surgery

Based on your photos these are very subtle deformities of nose and chin. Minimal nose hump reduction will help with nose problem. However, decision to augment chin (asymmetrically) or reduce left, more prominent chin side needs to be based on detailed clinical evaluation.

You should seek a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon with good reputation in nose/chin surgery. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon