Uneven nipples...I got my mastopexy done a little over 6 weeks ago. (photo)

My left breast is fine and feels very natural, my right one, however, im beginning to worry. Because of drainage issues the skin started to peel and I lost some skin(thats the scar u can see) The nipple started to drop a little and im concerned if its going to stay that way? the asymmetry now is very noticeable and im beginning to feel self conscious about it, please help!

Uneven nipples

Since you are onyl 6 weeks and you had some issues with healing on the right I would sit tight now and maybe wear a strap to push the right side down.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Uneven nipples

• did you have a simple mastopexy or an augment/mastopexy with implants
  • looks like you had implants
  • either way you will need a revision
  • revision will be simpler if you don't have implants
  • either way they can be corrected

David J. Goodkind, MD
New Haven Plastic Surgeon

Uneven nipples...I got my mastopexy done a little over 6 weeks ago.

Your photo does show asymmetry between your breasts. Unfortunately, time will not improve the differences between your breasts. After a period of healing, you may have to consider revision surgery to improve your outcome. Thank you for sharing your photo and concerns. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Bottomed Out

Thank you for pictures.  You have different differences from the bottom of your areola and the crease.  That distance on the right breast needs to be shortened.  I would wait for an additional 6 weeks before considering revision.

Sorry for the poorly preformed surgery and outcome. You will need revision soon. Best to seek only in person opinions from boarded Plastic Surgeons in South Florida (I am one of them). My over the internet guesses would be redo inferior lift more on left, Fat Grafts to left to increase to match rights volume, etc. 

Asymmetry of the breast will probably require a revision.

You should first allow the breast to completely heal but I would predict that a surgical revision will probably be necessary.

Breast settling after surgery

It's still too soon to determine the final position.  It might take several more months for the breast to settle before determining the final result.

I see your concern.  Since you are only 6 weeks post op, see your surgeon to address your concerns.  Best to you!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Uneven nipples post op.

I can see the asymmetry of the nipple areolar complex position.
Since it is still recent after the surgery ,I would advise you to discuss it with your surgeon and let him examine the breasts and give you his perspective.

Erel Laufer, MD
Dunedin Plastic Surgeon

Malpositioning

It seems your right implant is sliding down, creating a bottom out effect, this is the underlying cause for the assimetry you have.

I wonder what kind of shell do your implants have, smooth or textured? smooth are very unlikely to attach properly to the ribcage and frequently dislocate following grativational forces.

You may be a candidate for revision surgery, to readjust the cutanenous pattern (probably converting it to full T or short T) and using new implant of the maximum adherence, to avoid their weight lies on your breast gland and skin. The top adherence implants are the polyurethane coated ones, which arte the ones I recommend to you, anatimical profile much better.

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon