What can I do for pain in my ankle bone after having terrible infection from sclerotherapy?

I had sclerotherapy 17 months ago. I had terrible cellulitis mostly in my left leg and ankle. I was on antibiotics 3 times for a month. Also went to a wound care dr. I still have constant pain in my left ankle bone where I had the infection. I also have a very large scar above my ankle that is suppose to go away but doesn't? Any suggestions?

Post sclerotherapy pain.

A picture would help.  You may require a follow up MRI  of the area to see if there is any residual infection and to ensure that there is no bone infection.  The scar by 17 months is established.  You may want to see a plastic surgeon.

Naples General Surgeon

Post sclerotherapy pain.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Naples General Surgeon

Plato's Scar Serum on a sclero scar

I would apply Plato's Scar Serum twice daily. It is important to first improve the scar, then evaluate your veins for further therapy. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Plato's Scar Serum on a sclero scar

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Pain In Ankle Bone - Rule Out Osteomyelitis

Thank you for your question.  You may want to see your physician to rule out osteomyelitis - which is a bone infection. 

Donna M. Mendes, MD, FACS
New York Vascular Surgeon

Donna M. Mendes, MD, FACS
New York Vascular Surgeon