Is implant easily flipping a common issue with breast implants placed over the muscle? (Photos)

I had my implant flip on me.I flipped it back easily but I worry this will happen again. I still have excess skin after my lift is this the reason for flip? 1.I sleep naked should I be wearing a sports bra to prevent this from happening? 2 Is there a solution to fix this occurrence? (more surgery) 3.would placement under muscle reduce the chance of implant flipping? 4.If it is something that happens again and I keep flipping the implant will doing so cause any damage inside the breast pocket?

Is implant easily flipping a common issue with breast implants placed over the muscle?

Flipping of the implant is not dangerous but is unusual. Correction involves surgery to make the implant cavity smaller. You may also need excision of more skin to lift the breast further.

Implant flipping

Implant flipping is not very common it may happen above or below muscle and may require a pocket revision.

Implant shifting and/or rotation (depending on what type of breast implant is in place) can occur with breast implants placed under or over the pectorals major muscle.  Correction will likely involve adjustment of the breast implant capsules and/or additional breast lifting surgery. Best wishes.

Is implant easily flipping a common issue with implants placed over the muscle?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  I would address most of these issues with your surgeon as they know the full details of your procedure, but implant flipping is not common with placement above or below the muscle.  Your implant pocket has either stretched out or was created too large, depending on the timing since surgery.  Treatment requires reducing the implant pocket and removing additional breast skin.  Hope this helps.