Post dermabrasion darkening. Should I be worried that it'll become permanent? (Photo)

I had dermabrasion done on a old scar about 6 weeks ago. A scab formed and fell off and the skin was baby pink for a while. But now it is turning dark brown/red. I'm dark skinned Asian. Should I be worried that it'll become permanent.

Melarase creams for dermabrasion pigmentation

I would begin a combination of fractional lasers, Melapeels, and Melarase AM and Melarase PM creams. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Thank you for your question. Your post op experience is not uncommon and is no cause for concern. You should consult with your single or double board certified facial plastic surgeon for treatment, which will most likely include the application of a topical ointment. Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pigment after dermabrasion

You will be fine.  Use a preparation of Retin A and Hydroquinone daily and it   will lighten.    If still more need laser can be applied to further reduce the red.  My Best,  Dr Commons

Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation

Your photo suggests post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, or a darkening of the skin after an injury or inflammatory disorder   trauma.  It is mostly observed in darker skin types, and is typically a temporary phenomenon--although it can take several months to a year+ to resolve.  Your best next step is to follow-up with your treating physician to discuss treatment options; these usually include practicing good sun protection (daily sunscreen, hats, etc.) and a topical bleaching agent, such as hydroquinone or kojic acid.  Best of luck.  

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon