Hair Transplant Cost?

i want to get the hair transplant,and need to know the cheap hair transplant procedure and place from where i can get this?

Hi There,

I just wanted to let you know that we have a page in our Hair Transplant section where the average costs can easily be found. I have included the link below:

http://www.realself.com/hair-transplant/cost

Hopefully this helps!

Can I get cheap hair transplants?

I’m sure you’ve heard the saying, “You get what you pay for.” With offerings in the dollar store, are you getting real value? Those who purchased cheap toothpaste at bargain storesobviously didn’t know that it was toxic with lead or antifreeze, or those that bought imported pet food filled with chemicals to make plastics had no idea they could potentially be killing their pet… but fortunately the FDA came to our rescue. For those that buy cheap hair transplants, there is no FDA, medical board, or attorney general to tell you if you are getting what you are going to pay for. Even if the doctors had a better than 90% failure of the transplants, what is your recourse? You can ask for your money back, but it’s doubtful you’ll get it. I just read a recent post on a hair forum from one poor fellow that had an almost complete failure of the transplants and was refused any money back.

When we do a surgery we use very experienced and skilled technicians than have over 20 years of experience and we do not pay them the minimum wage. In addition, we use holding solutions for the grafts that cost us about $1000 per surgery, other cheap doctors don’t do that to save money and that means less graft growth. We are faster that almost every surgical team in the world and that means that the grafts are put into the body faster which means, again, better survival.
Recently I met with two men. One had 2000 grafts done about 8 months ago by a Los Angeles doctor with a survival rate of the grafts at about 20% (my estimate). That means that his $2/graft pricing really was $10/graft based upon survival of the grafts. Not only did the grafts that survived cost more, but there was significant damage to the donor area with 1600 graft with at least 3000 hair equivalents lost from his donor bank. What was the negative value of that loss? Incalculable in my humble opinion, as these hairs are gone forever.

The second man was the most significant I have ever seen. He came to see me for a hair transplant with his wife and two kids in the lobby. When he heard the cost, he said he could get it down the street just 2 miles from my office for $1/50/graft. I showed him patients and tried to educate him to no avail. Two weeks later he had his hair transplant at the clinic down the street and DIED DURING THE PROCEDURE. Yes, the doctor lost his license for killing him, but his kids lost their father and his wife lost her life mate. Cheap hair transplants, yes this was the place but what was the cost?

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Better can be cheap, but Cheap does not mean better.

Better can be cheap, but Cheap does not mean better.  You can shop around for the cheapest surgery.
Remember a bad hair transplant result will stay with you for life.  A good result is priceless.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

You get what you pay for.

Consider non surgical methods such as Rogaine for now. There are many methods of hair transplantation.  Wanted them RFUE and another can be a surgical flap.  Grafts can be taken with as few as one hair follicle or multiple follicles.  The quality of the hair, the number of follicles per unit and the location in which the hair is to be placed are all important determinants in the final result.  While it is a common misconception that hair can and should be taken from any location, taking appropriate hair from an appropriate location is key to success.  For instance, one cannot always use hair from a beard to replace a frontal hairline.  The orientation in which Harris placed is also important.  If the frontal hairline is being created then it is important to make sure that hairs are aligned in the correct orientation.  The way the hair is also laid down, for example a staggered pattern versus a straight line will also change the quality of the result.  You should certainly visit with a surgeon who does many of these types of transplantations as well as offers multiple options for hair restoration.  The cost can vary by geographic locale.  In general they can arrange from $7000-$25,000.  When you go over consultation ask for before and after photographs.

Never Consider a “Cheap” Hair Transplant Procedure

Hair transplants will change you forever.  Depending upon where you live and the competition in that area, there’s a fair market value which is easily determined by calling around.

If you’re looking for a “cheap” procedure, what you may really be asking for is “cheap” results and this may be a truer reflection of your self image.  If this is the case, a hair transplant is not going to change this, and no matter what you pay will end up being money you’ll regret spending.

If you really think you need a hair transplant, then consult with a hair transplant physician - often, this initial consultation is free.  Should he find you a “good candidate”, then you’ll be required to pay a deposit and a one-time fee for the surgery.  This should include any and all post operative visits.  Should the quoted price be out of your price range, then it probably makes more sense to wait and to save the money, rather than falling into a “cheap” procedure, as your results may reflect what you pay.

John E. Frank, MD
New York Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair transplant cost

Costs vary by region in the country and from country to country. It can be as low as 3$/graft for FUE but what is more important is the doctor you choose, not the price.  You can get affordable quality work but make sure to research your options. 

Rashid M. Rashid MD PhD
Hair Transplant Houston Center - Mosaic Clinic

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Hair Transplant Cost

Hair transplant ranges in cost depending on a number of factors, including the technique used and how much coverage you require. Some clinics charge by the hour, but most charge a dollar amount per graft, which can be as little as $5 per graft or as much as $12 per graft.

Keep in mind that hair transplantation is a permanent procedure you will have to live with for the rest of your life. You should never choose the surgeon who is “cheapest” but rather the one who is right for you. Such an investment should never be made on a compromise. Best of luck to you.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon