How can I treat my hair loss?

I am 57 years old. for the past 6 years I have lost almost all of my hair. I had blood tests for hormonal changes, iron shortages, etc. I have been told it Is stress, which is partly true. I drink vitamins and exercise for the stress, and even though I do have new hair growth, nothing seems to help the falling hair. What can the reason be for this situation. My mom is 89 with a head of hair to be envious about.

Doctor Answers 1

Hair loss starting at age 50

In short, you should see a dermatologist that specializes in hair loss. Hair loss "beginning" at age 50 is never ever genetic hair loss so you'll want a complete examination with blood tests and possibly a biopsy. 

Two issues you'll want evaluated is scarring alopecia and alopecia areata as well as other causes too. 

Vancouver Dermatologist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.