Treatment for Hair Loss on Chin?

I work in a labratory for a mining company. We deal with all sorts of acids ranging from Hydrochloric to Sulfuric acid. Over the last couple of years, I have noticed two patches under my chin where hair just doesn't grow. It looks as though I have ever so slightly splashed a bit of acid on my face without feeling it at the time. Is there any treatment for this?

If you notice patches of area with no hair growth and it's been there for several years, it probably will not grow back.

If you notice patches of area with no hair growth and it's been there for several years, it probably will not grow back.  If it truly is from a chemical injury then you may consider a hair transplant surgery as one treatment option.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Loss on Chin

It sounds like you might have some kind of scarring/trauma to that area of your chin as a result of the harsh chemicals. I advise you to seek consultation with a hair restoration surgeon who specializes in body hair transplant. I am one such practitioner, and would likely be able to use existing beard hair as donor follicles for those bald patches. I use FUE uGraft for all types of hair transplant, and specialize in repair cases. Please feel free to contact my office for a consultation. Best of luck.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon