What are my Best Options? (Photo)

I am very insecure about how I look. The problem is I'm not exactly sure why. I was born premature and told that my nose was a bit underdeveloped. My nose is quite unattractive and I can't figure out which part is Making it so. I'm not sure if it's the nostrils, the bridge or something else. I'm sure a nose job would be life changing so my Question is: if I require this surgery, which procedure should I ask for? Any advice is helpful. Thank you.

My comments

You are a case for a modified afroamerican rhinoplasty. These are the issues, the goals and best methods to achieve them:

-short septum, this is seen by the high upturned tip of your nose; treatment with massive septal lengthening technique-severely retracted nostril rims and very high alae, which creates septal mucosa exposure and hughe nostrils, and contributes to the upturned look of your nose; treated with lateral crura neo-grafting (hand made parts)

-poorly defined tip, it is like "absent"; Sheen grafting or other variations are the solution-unclear by the photo but maybe a low dorsum, makin you look flat; treated by dorsal en bloc grafting

-at the end of the procedure and based on the final assembly we could consider wedge resection of your alae, to make them better looking and harmonious

Yours is a rhinoplasty of extreme difficulty, no less than 4-5 hours surgery, and only achievable in the best hands, do research well, it is a fantastic case for the right surgeon.

Spain Plastic Surgeon

Female rhinoplasty options

It appears from the limited photographs that you submitted that both your bridge might be under projected and the tip of your nose may be slightly widened. In addition, there is flaring or wideness to your nostrils. That being said having a rhinoplasty is a personal decision. I would interview your surgeons and see how comfortable they are with the rhinoplasty procedure. In addition, I would see a facial plastic surgeon with expertise in rhinoplasties. Finally, I would avoid an over done look as doing too much to change your nose could result in an unnatural or done look. Good luck in your area.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Open rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us. In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question  As an artist I like using the reshaping technique when performing rhinoplasties. Using advanced suturing techniques I can change the nasal Cartlidges giving you a thinner, more refined natural looking nose.  I like to find out from the patient what they don't like about their nose and what their goals are. I then examine the nose and I write up a detailed operative plan.  I incorporate the finesse technique which I invented. Bleeding, bruising and postoperative pain is minimal when compared to traditional techniques and recovery is quicker. I don't routinely pack the nose. It's not uncommon That some patients have no bruising after surgery. I hope you find this information useful.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

What are my best options

Thank you for your question.  If you don't like the outside appearance of your nose the first place to start is to consult with an experienced Board Certified rhinoplasty surgeon.  Have the surgeon evaluate you in person and they will be able to explore the possibilities with you.  Best of luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon