Are doctors and patients seeing any skin tightening with Sculpsure?

#sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.
The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks. 
The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.
The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling. 
It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat. 
If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of her patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment. 
I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. Yes, our patients have experienced skin tightening. In fact, SculpSure outperforms all other fat targeting procedures because it not only utilizes heat to destroy up to 25% of unwanted fat but also provides the added benefit of skin tightening. I suggest that you next consult in person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Are doctors and pateints seeing any skin tightening with Sculpsure?

Thank you for your very intuitive question.  The answer is yes!  We have definitely seen skin tightening with Sculpsure.  You can evidence this in the before and after photos that are being published.  If you pay attention to the skin folds and creases before and after the 12th week after Sculpsure treatment, you can notice the skin tightening.  We were one of the first centers to receive Sculpsure in California and have seen dramatic results as early as 6 weeks and even more results when our patients reach their 12th week.  When you look at patients who have conventional liposuction, the skin in the treated area sags and wrinkles.  With Sculpsure, the skin has time to contract.  I would say that by heating the fat layer with laser, you are stimulating collagen and elastin to rejuvenate and tighten the skin.   Sculpsure has truly revolutionized body contouring and rejuvenation.

Marta Recasens, MD
Glendale Ophthalmologist

Yes, but not reliable results.

We do not tell patients that the primary aim of Sculpsure is to achieve skin tightening, if it happens, its a bonus. Yes, we do occasionally see this because of collagen contraction, in some cases the tightening is seen within the first week-this is due to immediate collagen tightening. Once again the exception rather than the rule. 

If you plan to undertake SculpSure, go in with a mind set to reduce your overall fat in that area, and decrease the girth, if you achieve skin tightening, its a bonus. This way your expectations are met. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser Dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

SculpSure and skin tightening.

SculpSure and skin tightening.Thank you for your question. Yes, SculpSure does offer skin tightening benefits, but the procedure is not to improve skin laxity. The procedure’s main purpose is to reduce fat in your treatment area. During the procedure, the laser is heating up your fat cells in order to make them detach from your tissue. During that time, the heat is also helping to promote collagen or elastin production for tighter skin. So patients see a reduction of fat at the same time as some skin tightening results.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Skin tightening with Sculpsure?

Yes, we have definitely noticed some degree of skin tightening with SculpSure. It uses laser energy, so it provides the added benefit of stimulating collagen and elastin production, which helps to see smoother, more supple skin after treatment. But, bear in mind, skin tightening is not the primary goal of this treatment, nor is it likely the best method to attain significant effects. If you need dramatic change, there are better devices specifically for skin tightening, such as Venus Freeze, which we often use in combination with SculpSure.

Craig Schwartz, DO
Leawood Vascular Surgeon

Skin tightening with SculpSure

We have noticed, in some patients, skin tightening with SculpSure.  It is not FDA approved for skin tightening and it should not be assumed that your treatment will cause some skin tightening.  SculpSure does utilize a laser which is used to tighten skin in other procedures, so it would make sense that some skin tightening would occur with a treatment session.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure and Fat Melting ... Skin Tightening Too?

With any small amount of fat removal there is some degree of skin tightening but not nearly what would be with skin tightening procedures which is why we combine sculpsure with other devices like vanquish.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Sculpure Seems to Tighten the Skin

The heat and energy from the laser treatment for fat reduction seems to help modify and shrink the skin.

Skin Tightening With SculpSure?

Though not FDA-approved for skin tightening, many patients have experienced some degree of skin tightening with Sculpture. 

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician