Opened incision on my nipple infected? And what's the best way to clean and take care of it? (photo)

I had breast lift with implants I had my bandages taken off my nipples a week ago and the nurse said I had a small opening and put a little bandaid strip on it when I took it off i had puss coming out of it I'm worried about infection I've been cleaning it with peroxide and putting a nonstick pad on it with antibiotic ointment is that the right thing to do? I'm desperate for an answer since my surgeon won't call me I've sent his secretary photos and she won't show him either I'm really worried

Opened incision on my nipple infected? And what's the best way to clean and take care of it?

I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. Open wounds and scars are also very common in this procedure, and also if it happens, you have to get with your plastic surgeon for cleaned and if it's worse , put stitches on it.I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support… 

Wound seperation

It looks like you have a small area of wound separation which often will heal well with local wound care. Best to follow the instructions of your surgeon.

Post op issues

Thanks for your question. Relax you look fine. A small separate like that is no big deal and will heal very nicely with what you are doing. However I would stop the peroxide and just use a good antibacterial soap and water. As for you surgeons response that does not seem normal not to want to call back a new post op patient. I can only hope that the message to them has been misplaced or that they are out of communication with their office. All surgeons have a responsibility to their patients in the immediate post op time and in my opinion that would hold especially true within a few weeks of surgery. 

John Mancoll, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Post op problems

You really need to follow up with your surgeon as every surgeon handles these problems differently.  If your surgeon does not answer your calls or refuses to see you I would recommend following up with a different board-certified plastic surgeon immediately . Best of luck.

James Shoukas, MD
Lake Mary Plastic Surgeon