Breast augmentation with lift for small, deflated A-cup after breastfeeding? (Photo)

I am 5'1 95lbs my breasts are wrinkly saggy and deflated a cup after breastfeeding thinking about 375cc or 400cc silicone high profile implants with lift how will my little breast tissue affect my results and what size would be good for my frame? And would I be happy with the lift

Lift with or without implants

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift with augmentation such as silicone implants, you will get very nice results, contact a board certified plastic surgeon, I recommend you soft cohesive silicone implants about 350 cc's you will look pretty and they will be perky.

Patients who goes to a consultation for drooping breasts (ptosis) or volume loss after pregnancy (pseudoptosis) almost always have one very important question. "Can my drooping be corrected with just implants or do I need a lift".

Implants alone will correct drooping when:
  1. Breast drooping is mild
  2. The nipple is still near the center breast and does not point downward
  3. There is some visible skin beneath the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is okay with being at least a cup size larger
A breast lift (with or without an implant) is better when:
  1. Breast drooping is moderate or severe
  2. The nipple is at the bottom of the breast or points downward
  3. There is no visible skin under the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is already a C or D cup breast size and doesn't want to be larger
  5. The areola is too large and the patient wants it reduced
I also show the patient photographs of a spectrum of breast scar present after a breast lift in order to check their tolerance for this scar. Most patients are surprised how little the scar shows and are okay with proceeding. If the patient really needs a breast lift, but is concerned about the scars, I will suggest they wait on surgery. In time the breast appearance problems will usually outweigh their concern about the scars.

I use implants in combination with a lift when:
  1. The patient wants to be larger in addition to being less droopy
  2. The patient desires to maintain projection and roundness of the breast mound
  3. The drooping is severe..... I recommend to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation and also to talk about your goals. Good luck :)

Breast augmentation and lift

Dear Paige,
Your plan is solid.  Breast lift with implants will give you a great result.  Ask your plastic surgeon about the possibility of form stable "gummy bear" implants.  They would be better for the rippling that you may get due to your thin tissues.  Good luck!

Breast augmentation with lift for small, deflated A-cup after breastfeeding?

Thank you for your question.  A combination breast lift with implants is likely your best option for a nice result.  The size of breast implant will depend on a measurement of your breast base width.  It is important that the implant size match the width of your breast.  In the size you are considering 375-400 cc a high profile will likely be necessary.

Your breast implant should be placed under the muscle which should provide adequate coverage invisibility should not be a problem.

Sizing concerns are very difficult to navigate for the breast augmentation patient. A formal examination with a BCPS will help you to determine a range of implants that may satisfy your aesthetic goals.  You will need s breast lift with the procedure and a scar will be present on the breast mound itself. You will need to determine if you can accept the scar which can provide you with the best shaped breasts. 

Good luck and be well

Implants and a lift

You definitely need a lift along with implants.  You also look like you have very thing tissues and may have early rippling especially in the lower pole.

Lift with implants

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photo, you need a lift with implants.  I recommend speaking to a board certified plastic surgeon to determine the best size.  Offices such as ours use sizers to help determine what size you want to be.  All the best,

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Deflated breasts and augmentation

From your photo, you need a lift with the augmentation. Otherwise the implants will drop into the excess skin. Choosing the proper implant size comes from communication with your surgeon. And you have very little breast tissue, so it will have little effect on your overall outcome. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through an in-person consultation.
Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Correcting breast atrophy after pregnancy

Your particular problem responds very well to an augmentation, only.  The silicone implant and the newest implant by Ideal Implant (saline) are very good choices to minimize wrinkling and to restore or increase your natural breast.  The mild nipple asymmetry will be minimally noticeable, as it is now.  A breast lift is always an option that you can consider later, though in my opinion you do not need at this point.  You can have your doctor do sizers, under your preferred garment, during your consultation.  The sizers will give you a very good preview of how you will look, by 12 weeks, after your surgery. 

David M. Creech, MD
Chandler Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. It's hard to tell without an in-person consultation. In my practice, I first make measurements of the breast dimensions to help narrow the range of acceptable implants to consider. My patients then try on different implant sizers in a bra while wearing a tight t-shirt, and then look in the mirror to get a better idea of the look that they prefer. Try not to focus so much on bra size or specific implant volume but more on the look that you want. Also, providing "wish" photos of breasts that you like can be very helpful in communicating your goals.  As far as the lift goes, you may need a lollipop breast lift and can be confirmed with a physical exam.  Be sure to consult with an experienced plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

You are a good candidate!

Paige, you fit one of several "ideal" characteristics for augmentation. I believe a modest size implant will very nicely restore your deflated breast volume. Best Wishes!

Joseph M. Woods, IV, MD