52 year old woman recently diagnosed with pcos - I have lost approximate 200-300 hairs a day for the past 4 weeks.

My hair is noticeably flatter and thinner. Previously I had normal hair loss and a full head of hair. Is there a chance my hair fall will stop and regrowth will begin once my doctor and I get a medication regime started?

Hair thinning and PCOS

Usually PCOS cause thinning of hairs because of excess androgens but it doesn't leads to excessive hair fall which is most commonly due to telogen effluvium. Reasons behind telogen effluvium can be iron deficiency, low fetid level, thyroid hormone imbalance,crash dieting, stress, prolonged illness or fever. Its better to take an opinion from a dermatologist. Hairs lost in acute telogen effluvium tends to recover  on their own without any treatment.

India Dermatologist

Thanks for your query. 
Hair fall is one of the major symptom of pcos. Yes they do regrow after starting medications and use of minoxidil. Take proper medications and apply minoxidil. Hope it helps.
All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Hair loss at 52 F

If you previously had a full head of hair, it's unlikely this is PCOS related. PCOS can cause hair related symptoms in women 15-45. Without knowing all your details, I can't say what is going on - but it's unlikely to be only PCOS related. 

PCOS with thinning hair

The best cosmetic treatment for thinning hair in women is scalp micropigmentation as shown below in the web reference

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon