About my Bellybutton - I am 5 weeks post tt and lipo. (photos)

A week ago after eating more then I usually do I felt very bloated and my stomach was quite distended. When I came home and looked at my belly button it was bleeding and looked like it was separating. My dr put sutures in and has me using Neosporin and a bandage twice a day. Does this look normal considering what has happening.

What should I do with my belly button?

Dear Stacey

many thanks for posting your question.

Personally, I would follow your plastic surgeon's advice, and ensure you see them or their nurse regularly for wound checks and dressing advice.

There is a wide variety of approaches to wound management and this includes belly buttons. So best to stay in the experienced hands of your surgeon.

Good luck

About my Bellybutton - I am 5 weeks post tt and lipo.

It appears that you have very sensitive skin and should probably stop using the tape/bandage you are using to hold the dressing over the belly button in place. The neosporin may also be causing the redness around the belly button so best to check in with your operating surgeon and have him or her evaluate you in person. Good luck!