How Can I Dissolve Restylane Perlane Injections Above Lip?

I had restalyn perlane injections above upper lip. I have rosacea and chemically sens. Need advice to dissolve as face burns.

Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm, and others are composed of...

Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm, and others are composed of a compound called hyaluronic acid. Fortunately, there is an enzyme called hyaluronidase which can be injected to dissolve the hyaluronic acid. It may take 2 or 3 injections but generally the Restylane and Perlane can be completely dissolved without any long term problems.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Perlane, Restylane and Juvederm are all made of a...

Perlane, Restylane and Juvederm are all made of a naturally-occurring substance called "hyaluronic acid" (HA).  An enzyme called hylaruronidase can dissolve HA.  It is available as an injectable called "Wydase" and can be used to dissolve HA when needed.

How Can I Dissolve Restylane Perlane Filler Injections Above Lip

Regarding: "How Can I Dissolve Restylane Perlane Injections Above Lip?
I had restalyn perlane injections above upper lip. I have rosacea and chemically sens. Need advice to dissolve as face burns
."

Fillers such as Restylane, Perlane and Juvederm are made up of hyaluronic acid, a substance normally found in our joints and eyes. The attractiveness of these fillers is their lack of allergic reactions, as we know them and the ability to dissolve these fillers and make them go away with the injection of an enzyme which specifically chews and breaks up hyaluronic acid. You should see your doctor and ask for Hyaluronidase treatment of the injected areas.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Hyaluronidase for removing Perlane

The best method to dissolve HA fillers such as Perlane, Restylane or Juvederm would be to use Hyaluronidase - which is an enzyme that will dissolve the HA fillers mentioned above. 

Grant Stevens, MD

Fillers and removal

The best way to dissolve the hyaluronic acid products is to inject hyaluronidase. This will dissovle it over a few days time, but be prepared for some additional swelling for about a week.

Reversal of Juvederm, Restylane, and Perlane

Juvederm, Restylane, and Perlane are known as hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers. What makes HA fillers attractive is that they are completely reversible with hyaluronidase, which is an enzyme that specifically dissolves HA fillers. For that reason, patients getting fillers for the first time may want to consider HA fillers prior to Radiesse, unless there is a need for significant volume replacement.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Dissolving Restylane and Perlane

If you are unhappy with the results of your Restylane or Perlane injection, there is a solution for you. Both Restylane and Perlane are composed of hyaluronic acid (which is why they are often called HA fillers). Hyaluronic acid can be easily dissolved with the injection of the enzyme hyaluronidase. Your physician should be able to offer this to you.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hyaluronidase is one of the solutions to problems with Hyaluronic acid filler injections

As mentioned, hyaluronidase (Vitrase, Wydase) will dissolve excess or uneven HA fillers. It is rare that this is necessary. I would recommend finding a facial plastic surgeon that has alot of experience with fillers as most have probably not used or seen hyaluronidase used. It is injected in very small amounts to dissolve objectionable areas of HA filler.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hyaluronidase to dissolve Restylane/Perlane

Restylane and Perlane are hyaluronic acid fillers. There in a enzyme called Hyaluronidase that when injected will dissolve the hyaluronic acid filler such as Restylane, Perlane, and Juvederm.

Dissolving Restylane/Perlane

Restylane and Perlane are hyaluronic acid products that are injected for filling and plumping. In cases where too much has been injected or it has been placed in the wrong area the material can be reduced with a product called Wydase which is hyaluronidase. This is an enzyme that breaks down hyaluronic acid and will decrease the amount of Restylane/Perlane.

However, sometimes the best thing to do is to simply wait for the stuff (filler) to dissolve naturally. Restylane lasts 5-6 months and Perlane can last 8-9 months. In my opinion, more often than not its better to let it go away than possibly cause more inflammation with further injections. If the side effects you are experiencing are too severe to wait, you can consider the enzyme treatment.

I hope this info helps!

Adam Rubinstein, MD