How can I get rid or treat deep bags under eyes? (photos)

I am currently 19 and I just noticed recently these bags under my eyes . I've read online that's it can be because of allergies which I do have . I've just started treating it two days ago. My question is if by treating my allergies they will go away ? Or will I have to get anything done ?

Eye bags

Thank you for your photo. It is quite possible that chronic inflammation and irritation from your allergies may make your eyes appear boggy. If allergies are the cause, then they should improve with treatment. Other possible causes of eye bags include but are not limited to genetics, aging, lifestyle (smoking etc), and trauma. It is important to have an in-office examination to determine the exact cause and to come up with the safest and most effective long-lasting treatment plan given your goals and your age.  Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Beverly Hills Physician

Under eye area

If you notice changes in the under eye appearance when you have allergy flare ups then it may be related to allergies, if not then it is probably genetic.  You may enjoy the benefits of filler which can be used to contour the under eye area.  Visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn more.

Camille Cash, MD

Bags or hollows under eyes

You appear (based on these photos) to have hollowing causing shadows rather than bags.  This is likely just part of your anatomy and not true eye bags.

Your best option includes under-eye filler. My preference is Restylane administered with a cannula.  The results usually last about a year and downtime is minimal. 

Brett S. Kotlus, MD, MS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Under eye bags

Your under eye bags are most likely caused by genetics rather than your allergies. I would suggest a longer lasting filler like Voluma and microneedling to help you get rid of them. Give it a few weeks to see if your allergy medicine will help and after that see a fillers expert. Regards, Dr. Harper

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Bags under eyes

Hello and thanks for your question!

I agree with you that treating your allergies is the #1 thing to do! The under eyes can get the dark circles because the swelling and inflammation of vessels in your sinuses backs up and can back flow a bit into the vessels under your eyes. This will take some time 3-6mo to resolve fully if that's the sole problem. 

If you absolutely can't stand this- a simple filler in the tear troughs can help with that. 

Hope this helps and God Bless!

Dr. Robb

Philip K. Robb Jr., MD
Evans Physician

Under Eye Rejuvenation with fillers, lasers, microneedling/prp

Treating your allergies may help some, but most likely will need a combination for improvement. Fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP can help this area. I suggest you see an expert in facial sculpting. Best, Dr. Emer.

Bags under eyes

Bags or circles under the eyes can be caused by a multitude of factors, one of which is allergies.  Treating the allergies will most likely helpbecause, while I agree allergic shiners are not a true entity, allergies can cause edema of the soft tissues around the eyes.  Bags are a combination of darkening of the skin under theyes, prolapsed or "herniated" fat from around the eye, and skeletonization or exposure of the bone under the eye.  Treating any of these will help.  So lightening eye creams will address the darkening.  Fillers such as Juviderm can soften the bony appearance below the eye.  Surgery can address the fat bags, but I would only consider surgery after you treat the allergies and try the other options.  Best of luck

Edward J. Ricciardelli, MD
Wilmington Plastic Surgeon

These are unrelated to your allergies unless you chronically rub your eyes.

Allergic shiners are a medical fiction.  The name was picked by a pediatrician years ago to describe these circles to concerned mothers.  There is no science behind it.  Generally these are actual anatomic issues.  The best option for these is not surgery but hyaluronic acid fillers from a very experienced injectors.