What would be the best procedure for me? Lipo? Tummy tuck? Tummy tuck and lipo? Lipo where? (Photo)

I am a petite frame. 5'2 and weigh 140lbs. I am done having children. I have a B shape stomach. The area above my belly button is like hard fat everything else feels very soft.

Will a tummy tuck be the best procedure for me?

A tummy tuck is usually ideal for someone who has had children or lost a significant amount of weight and has loose skin. Sometimes various non-surgical procedures may help but not as much as removal of skin and repairing the muscles. 

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck vs. Liposuction

Thanks for your questions and photos.  From you photos, it looks like you would be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck with adjunct liposuction around your waist.  Because of the amount of skin you have, liposuction alone may cause increased skin laxity.  Please seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Hope this helps...best of luck!

Tummy tuck candidate

Hi and thanks for your posted photos. You look like a good candidate for full tumy tuck. Liposuction in abdomen would not give a desired result because extra skin has to be removed. Lipo in back and flanks and fat transfer to buttocks can be done in the same time. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Extneded tummy tuck with muscle plication

You are a great candidate for an extended tummy tuck with muscle plication; this will optimally narrow your waist line, correct your muscles that have stretched out and making your belly protrude, and remove all redundant skin. Liposuction is utilized as part of the tummy tuck to strategically contour the areas around your abdomen. including your flanks, upper abdomen, and lateral thighs.  

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Comprehensive Abdominoplasty

You are a great candidate for a comprehensive abdominoplasty. This involves liposuction of the entire torso (abdomen, hips, and waist), muscle plication, deep fat layer removal from abdomen, progressive tension suture plication of the abdominal skin, and no drains.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck for loose skin, lipo for excess localized fat

Based on the picture you have enough skin laxity to require a tummy tuck for best results. There would be fat reduction in the abdominal area along with that as needed, and lipo may be added along the flanks or adjacent areas.

Richard Baxter, MD

Lipo? Tummy tuck? Tummy tuck and lipo? Lipo where?

Patients with your anatomy will get a significant improvement with a full tummy tuck and liposuction of selective areas. Liposuction alone will not produce a good cosmetic result. The areas for liposuction would depend on an in person examination.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck with liposuction

You appear to be a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction of the flanks (love handles). The loose skin below your belly button will be removed with the tummy tuck and your waistline improved with the liposuction of the flanks. Some of the fat of the upper abdomen can be carefully removed directly during the tummy tuck. Consult with a few plastic surgeons in person for a complete exam.

William Bruno, MD

Tummy tuck

You have a lot of loose skin, so the tummy tuck would be the better option.  They can also perform some liposuction of your hips at the same time if you prefer.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

TT and Lipo

Thank you for the photos and question and though an examination is needed you appear to be an excellent candidate for an abdominoplasty and liposuction to better contour the final result.  So go on some complimentary consultations with experts in your area and be evaluated

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD