Juvederm tear trough area over filled. If hyaluronidase is used on this area, will it dissolve the other areas?

Hi I was just wanting to know if hydronaise is used on this area will it dissolve the other areas of my face that have filler? I have some filler near my Nasal area on the same side will it affect it? Thank you

Hyaluronidase to dissolve hyaluronic acid fillers

Sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your results. 

Hyaluronic acid fillers can be dissolved with the use of Hyaluronidase, however isolated dissolving of an 'area' can be difficult as the product will disperse into the surrounding tissues. Hyaluronidase is a soluble protein-based enzyme solution that breaks down and helps the body reabsorb hyaluronic acid. It's fast and effective, you should see reduction in the area within 24-48 hours. It is important to choose the right cosmetic surgeon who is dedicated to the Facial Plastic Specialty in order to achieve the top results.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Concern for Hyaluronidase use to correct overfilled tear troughs on other parts of the face

Thank you for your question. Hyaluronidase works in quite an indiscriminatory manner and since the filler in your nasal area lies relatively close to the tear trough region that you wish to have dissolved, there some possibility that the filler in the nasal region may be affected. If you are adamant in having the filler in the tear troughs dissolved, then I do recommend having it done in small incremental doses over several sessions to avoid or at least minimise any unwanted effects to the desired filler in the nasal region. 

Tom Jodlovich, MBBS, MPH
Sydney Physician

Hyaluronidase

Anything is possible, but hyaluronidase usually does not travel to other parts of the face.  I would recommend undergoing therapy with very small doses to fine-tune the area of concern.

Paul B. Johnson, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Maybe

so hyalase is fairly non discriminatory. It will work until it is all used up in any given area. If you want to keep your filler elsewhere then my recommendation is to dissolve away using small doses in the deep areas of the unwanted filler. Maybe even only 10-30 units each time. Of course this depends on the thickness and the area of the filler you want dissolving. 

Hope that helps. 

Adam Goodwin