is it gynocomastia? (photo)

im 19yr old currently...and im hving my workout almost 2yr...i had a good body look but my nipple are not sure about my case is it gyno or wad? i can feel a small lump under my nipple...but is not itcy or just puffy all the time unless i get cold it will become normal and good look...i taking tamoxifen for around 1month and i din saw any improvement...does testosterone injection helps to get rid of it?forget about just 19 and i doest hv this much of money...

Doctor Answers 2

Is it gynocomastia?

Thank you for the question and picture. Given your description and after reviewing your photograph, it is probable that you are dealing with gynecomastia. Best to verify this during in person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons.  Often, surgical treatment involves partial excision of the excess breast tissue;  sometimes ( probably not in your case),  peripheral liposuctioning is helpful as well. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more about surgical options. Best wishes.

San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 1,486 reviews


Thank you for the photos and if you have a lump under your areola you do have gyncomastia and testosterone will only potentially make it worse. If you have had not luck with tamoxifen then surgery may be your best bet. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 61 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.