Gynocamestia Surgeon Los Angeles

I am looking for a surgeon for gynecomastia surgery in the los angeles area. Anyone have recommendations for good surgeons in LA? I'm a healthy 28 yr old male 5'10 160, and have excess tissue + fat to be removed from the chest. Thanks! Sean

Doctor Answers 11

Los Angeles Gynecomastia Surgeon

there are many qualified and good board certified plastic surgeons in Los Angeles who treat Gynecomastia. There are different techniques for gynecomastia treatment including liposuciton and direct excision. I usually utilize a very small stab incision over the areola (nipple) to both remove excess fat with liposuction, as well as to remove breast tissue.

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

LA gynecomastia surgeon

You are in cosmetic surgery heaven. There is no shortage of well trained, board certified plastic surgeons in LA. The best way to find a surgeon would be to go onto the web portal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Surgeons who perform a large number of female breast reductions would also tend to be expert in gynecomastia surgery. Good luck in your search!


Thank you for the question.

There are many good plastic surgeons in your area.  I would suggest checking with the American Board of Plastic Surgery  and do your due diligence to find a surgeon with significant experience with  gynecomastia  surgery.

I have found that gynecomastia is often best treated with  partial excision of the prominent glandular tissue  as well as liposuction surgery of the peripheral chest area.  If the prominence of the chest wall is caused by adipose tissue, then liposculpture surgery alone may suffice.
Again,I would strongly suggest that you make sure you work with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon and avoid making your decisions  solely  based on the cost of surgery.  You will find that this recommendation will be more important than any specific “miracle technology” that you will undoubtedly hear about.

I hope this helps.

The best way to choose a plastic surgeon

The best way to find such a surgeon is to enter many surgeons web sites and and examine carefully there before and after pictures.An experienced surgeon will have hundreds gynecomastia photos. "When it is coming to choose a surgeon,a picture is worth a thousand words

Mordcai Blau, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 46 reviews

Gynecomastia Surgeon California

You can look on and find a good gynecomastia surgeon.  This will have a list of a few then interview them and look a photos.  Talk to a patient or few.  You must feel comfortable.

Miguel Delgado, MD
San Francisco Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 57 reviews

Gynecomastia (male breast reduction) treatment

The approach to a man with excessive breast tissue involves liposuction of the chest wall then direct excision of the breast tissue through an areolar incision.  If you are at a relatively normal body weight (height/weight proportionate) then you likely are a good candidate.  This condition affects about 30% of adult males.  It usually occurs in most adolescents but then resolves.  If this persists after the age of 20 or 22, then surgery is a reasonable option to consider.

Your skin will shrink and contract after surgery and you will see your final results by around six months.

Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon prior to surgery.

Best wishes,

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 283 reviews

Los Angeles Gynecomastia Surgeon

Thank you for the question.

There are literally dozens of well qualified board certified plastic surgeons in the los angeles area that perform gynecomastia surgery. My recommendation would be to goto the american board of plastic surgery website and find a qualified surgeon to consult with. 

Warmest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Glenn Vallecillos, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 21 reviews

Gynecomastia (male breast) reduction in LA

There are outstanding surgeons in the LA area. Seek at least 3 consultations with board certified plastic surgeons. A referral from your primary care physician may be a beginning. Otherwise, go online and check out surgeons who are experienced in the procedure.

Otto Joseph Placik, MD
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 69 reviews

Gynecomastia surgery in Los Angeles

There are several types of male breast reduction surgeries I perform in Los Angeles.  Options include surgery or liposuction with or without ultrasound.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 85 reviews

Plastic surgeon for gynecomastia surgery

There should be may well qualified plastic surgeons in your area.  Ask for recommendations from trusted physicians and friends.  Your local hospital can be a good source for a recommendation.  Use your best judgment and you will likely select an excellent plastic surgeon.  

Jeffrey Zwiren, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 14 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.