I've known my nipples are big. Do I have gynecomastia? (Photo)

I've known my nipples are big, but they don't have the lump behind them, nor are they sensitive. Is there anything I have? Is surgery the only option?

From your picture it look like gynecomastia.

From your picture it look like gynecomastia.It is best to consult with a  gynecomastia surgeon.The only option to remove it for good is surgery.

Puffy Nipple Areola Complex is Common

"Puffy Nipple Areola Complex" is among the most common forms of gynecomastia. This gland and/or adipose tissue accumulation can be located under the areola or can be slightly extended outside the areola, causing the areola to appear dome shaped.This form of #Gynecomastia can be found in all age groups but is more common in young adults.

As each case is different, it is vital that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in male breast surgery. The surgeon should determine if you are a suitable candidate for male breast reduction by liposuction or glandular excision. It is also crucial to have a plastic surgeon who is well-versed in the gynecomastia condition can determine if there is firm breast tissue beneath the areola that is causing the nipples to project (which is often the case), and if so, how much of this glandular tissue can be removed to create a flat appearance. Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and what treatments are best for you.

Gynecomastia is breast like tissue on males

Your photos show that you have gynecomastia.  Surgery is your only option.  Surgery is safe and very effective when done by someone who knows what he or she is doing.
Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Gynecomastia?

Hello and thank you for your question.
You may have a mild form of gynecomastia. The issues you mentioned do not have to be present to be considered as gynecomastia. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of luck to you!

Gynecomastia

From the photos submitted you do appear to have gynecomastia.  Surgery would reduce the prominence of your nipple areola complex

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD