Gynecomastia Surgery? (photo)

I had my tummy tuck fleur de lis eight months ago after losing 150 lbs of my weight. . My upper abdominal area is flabby. I am going to have Gynecomastia and fix that bulge. I posted earlier in regard to that, but i have started to work out and lift weights like crazy and I've noticed that i have a bigger chest the skin is driving me crazy. My question is that i don't need more incision. Do you think smart lipo or technique will help resolve my problem with no Gynecomastia? how much to fix that?

Reducing Excess Skin on Pectoral Area After Weight Loss

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 

Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.

There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Your options

I know of no FDA approved non surgical/non invasive treatment for gynecomastia. If you are seeking non surgical options for mild gynecomastia, I think that Vanquish which uses RF energy, or UltraShape that uses ultrasound rather than Cool Sculpt would be the best option though all are off FDA usage. Surgery is the best option for the vast majority of patients with gynecomastia.
#gynecomastia
#malebreastreduction

Gynecomastia and smart lipo

It looks like from your photos that you have a lot of loose skin. Smartlipo will not make this skin tighter. It looks like you may need some type of skin excision procedure. Good luck.

Weight Loss Body Contouring in Men Can Be Gratifying

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your weight loss!  Your questions are excellent.  While liposuction of any type is an important part of your body contouring concerns, unfortunately laser lipo alone is unlikely to address the concerns that you have shown in your photos.  The upper adominal fullness is a side effect of the fleur de lis abdominoplasty technique.  Mild cases can be treated with lipo, but more significant cases like yours need to be treated with skin excision.  While you do not want any more incisions, you will not get the reduction of skin laxity you want unless you remove the skin.  The skin tightening technologies currently on the market cannot give you the improvement you desire.  You do have the benefit of a hairy chest and abdomen.  I find that incisions are well hidden in hairy patients like yourself.  I would recommend an upper abdominoplasty and excisional mastopexy with adjunctive liposuction.  This combination of procedures requires significant expertise in body contouring after weight loss.  Examples can be seen at bitarinstitute.com.  Good luck with your search!

Gyecomasia with loose skin

Slim lipo laser lipoplasty does produce some tightening in this area, but not enough to be a complete solution.  You are trying to minimize scars, which makes sense.  A strategy that combines a periareolar tightening of skin with slim lipo or smart lipo plus direct excision of firm breast tissue could work well, but might require 2 stages to maintain a safe blood supply to the areola.  It all comes down to the physical exam.  I hope this information is helpful.

John Q. Cook, MD

Liposuction of any type will not correct excess skin of the breast

You have grade III gynecomastia that involves excess skin, fat and breast tissue.  No form of liposuction will correct your excess skin problem.  An evaluation by a plastic surgeon experienced with gynecomastia surgery as well as massive weight loss patients is necessary.  Unfortunately there is no form of non-ablative laser that will correct your skin excess problem.  

Loose skin requires excision

Non-invasive and minimally invasive methods of skin tightening, like thermage and Smartlipo, aren't effective enough to eliminate your loose skin.  Cutting out the skin is very effective but leaves a scar.  You should have a consult with a doctor that can do both who can help you plan a balance between effectiveness and scarring.  A combination approach may be useful.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Smart lipo will not solve your gynecomastia problem.

your problem will be best corrected by a Gynecomastia surgeon with experience.Smart lipo will not correct it. 

Mordcai Blau, MD

Gynecomastia and massive weight loss

Unfortunately your problem is really a combination of too much skin and poor/reduced skin elasticity. There is no device on the market (SmartLipo, Thermage, Accent, etc) that can fix your problem so save your money. Good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia and excess skin after Weight loss

You have gynecomastia and extensive excess skin due to the large weight  loss. Gynecomastia surgery alone will not provide a solution for your problem. You will require skin excisions after the gynecomastia surgery. Basically the issue with your excess skin is a balancing of the increased scaring from the skin excision  incisions with the improvement from the removal of the skin.