I Had Gynecomastia Surgery and Nipples Are Not the Same Size? (photo)

i had gynecomastia surgery about a month ago and today they removed the bandages my left nipple looks wrinkled and smaller while my right nipple is circular. am i going to have this problem for ever?

Different Size Areola

Thank you for your pictures. Unfortunately, you will have this size discrepancy forever. But it can be fixed. I would concentrate on the slightly larger areola to reduce it to match the smaller one. I will at least wait two more months before proceeding with this.

Good luck.

Dr. ES

Gynecomastia and nipples

It looks like from your photos that your surgery was fairly recent. Given this, the areolas need time to heal. A revision is easy to do to make one smaller if it is too large.

Nipple asymmetry in gynaecomastia correction

Dear Ralph

At 1-month post-op, it is very early days after surgery, and too early to make any definitive judgement about your final result.

As frustrating as it is, you need to wait 6-12 months before you can really assess your final outcome.

Should there be a difference between your nipples, please discuss with your plastic surgeon, in case a minor revision procedure is warranted

Good luck

I Had Gynecomastia Surgery and Nipples Are Not the Same Size?

I would give yourself 6 months after surgery before considering a revision.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of body contouring procedures and male breast reductions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Be patient...

The photos show well the asymmetry. You are early and the process of scar maturation may continue to alter the final shape and size for many more months to come.  Be patient and wait until scars are soft and mature before deciding on further interventions.

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Hi! Wait more time

Hi , i am glad to hear from you.  You have to wait more time to assure that asimmetries will remain.  Do massage and avoid sun exposure. Hope everything goes ok

Dr jpc