Gynecomastia 4 Months 2 Weeks Post Op Concern? (photo)

Dear Dr's I had gynecomastia correction and was so happy about my results however after three months (i say three onths but that is when swelling went down so it could have been there before just camflauged into swelling) i notice my nipples are puffy and point out still my DR says it is scar tissue but i dont understand i had this surgery to make chest flat now it is being told to me it is scar tissue and it will go away advice would be nice to see if it is scar tissue or breast tissue

What to Expect Post Gynecomastia Surgery

Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Gynecomastia problems

If it was merely some scar tissue or residual fibrous gland tissue that was left behind, that can be taken care of fairly easily with a revision procedure.  However, your photos indicate that there may be more going on than just that.  You seem to have a scar around your one areola, and the other seems to have some sloughing of the skin.  Then you have a separate area of skin that seems to have scarring as well. You need to be examined by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Gynecomastia

The pictures posted show lots of problems.

The incisions used are around the entire nipple areola, this is more than a gynecomasia incision.

You need to be evaluated by  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery).