Do I get gynecomastia back if I have smoked marijuana?

I had my gynecomastia surgery like 5 months ago.I have smoked marijuana like 4-5 times after my surgery.Do u think i have ruined the surgery?Is there any chance to get gynecomastia again?

Reoccurence Possibilities Following Gynecomastia Surgery

The #recurrence of breast enlargement is uncommon following #gynecomastia surgery.
However, it can occur. If this happens, you may require further surgery in the future.

The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect #men of all different body types. There are different types of #gynecomastia.
Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.
Therefore, weight gain, steroid use,recreational drug use and have hormonal conditions can contribute to a return of gynecomastia regardless of previous surgical removal and treatments.

Each patient is unique and previous #results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic.

Marijuana and Gynecomastia

Smoking Marijuana is one of the reported causes of gynecomastia so it is best avoided. As far as I am aware there are no randomised controlled trials and the scientific evidence is quite lacking. I doubt that you would have ruined your surgery but I would avoid the marijuana for not just gynecomastia prevention but also social and health reasons.  

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Marijuana and gynecomastia

Gynecomastia surgery permanently removes portions of your breast tissue.  Your remaining breast tissue can still increase in size due to influences such as hormones, drugs and weight changes, just not to the same degree or in the same overall proportion as before your surgery.  This is also the case with liposuction surgery.  It is best to make every effort to maximize your surgical result by limiting any factors which could cause the unwanted tissues to expand in size and thereby affect the quality of your result.

Angela Keen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon