Are Gynecologists Qualified to Inject Fillers?

Who can become qualified to do facial filling procedures?
My Gyno (Gynecologist) has been doing cosmetic procedures like facial filers etc. Is it ok that she is not a Plastic Surgeon or a Derm Doc?

Doctor Answers 1

Not officially.

Would you allow your dermatologist or plastic surgeon to do a cervical biopsy or D&C on you?

If you are already asking the question you must have some doubts. I am sure there are many "unqualified", physicians that do a perfectly good job with filler just like there a some " qualified" physicians and surgeons that lack the expertise needed for a good consistent results. Plastic surgeons, and dermatologist learn to inject fillers in Botox in their training programs and injectables is a core part of most of their practices. Gynecologist do not focus on cosmetic procedures and learn nothing whatsoever about facial anatomy in residencies. They pick up the fillers after their formal training to "fill in" the holes in their practice.

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.