I had gynecomastia surgery, now fatty tissue has grown back. What can I do?

i have performed gyanecomaestia surgery 4 years before and the surgeon left some fatty tissue behind and now i seem to analyse the tissue grow back on my left side only what can be done?

What to Expect Post Gynecomastia Surgery & Lasting Effects

Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

The #recurrence of breast enlargement is uncommon following #gynecomastia surgery.
However, it can occur. If this happens, you may require further surgery in the future.
Each patient is unique and previous #results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation

An exam would be necessary to make a determination if additional surgery would be advised.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of body contouring procedures and male breast reductions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Having to have gynecomastia surgery a 2nd time is very unusual.  An exam in needed to determine the cause.  Although it is rare, men can get breast cancer.  See your plastic surgeon to discuss your options and concerns.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Physical examination will be necessary to provide you with meaningful/specific advice. If the excess tissue is breast tissue, further excision may be necessary. On the other hand, if the excess tissue is indeed adipose issue ( and the overlying skin elasticity is adequate), liposuction  surgery may suffice. Seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation. Best wishes.