We all desire great skin: smooth, bright, clear.....but sometimes skin does not behave like we want. Heredity, inflammation like acne, sun exposure, neglect, smoking, aging...all these can affect skin. When unwanted pigment, scars, roughness, wrinkles, acne and other problems are untreated, it only gets worse. There is no ‘magic cream’ or ‘super laser’ which fixes all these things. Rather, treatment plans must be individualized for each person. This requires a careful evaluation of your skin by a qualified physician and then a plan to reduce damaging factors and the addition of helpful factors, often beginning with some specific skin topicals. This may later be followed by laser or pulsed light therapies or even more assertive therapies. This will be a journey, not an isolated event. But ‘improved’ skin is usually possible.
Skin has become very rough due to repeated pimples and dark spots developed thereafter. How to get glowing skin? (Photos)
Doctor Answers 3
How to improved pigmented dull skin including acne problems?
Improving skin after pimples
Thank you for asking about your skin.
- A very good question - a lot can be done.
- First the pimples need to be completely controlled -
- The dark spots are the result of your skin being inflamed by acne.
- You will need an aggressive skin care program, probably with tretinoin, skin lightener, glyclolics, a topical antibiotic and sun block.
- After six weeks, you can have a TCA peel of the skin to remove damaged skin.
- You should be under the care of a dermatologist or plastic surgeon -
- The approach may need to be modified, depending on how things improve.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.