Was told I needed a lift & my areolas were to low. Should I get a lift or get implants? (photo)

Breast Lift

Hello thanks so much for your pictures and for your inquiry. I would say that you might need both a Breast Lift and implants, which would help you achieve a more rounded and perky look.  Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a lift or implants?

Thank you for your question and for providing photos, but it is very difficult to answer based on the views you have provided. From the photos, it appears that you might have tuberous breasts. I would recommend seeing a few board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your goals and expectations. Your options will depend on the size you would like to be, what bothers you about your breasts, the position of the nipples on the breasts, and the measurements taken during your examination. Make sure you choose a surgeon who is very familiar with cases such as yours. Best of luck to you!

Dustin L. Reid, MD

Lift, Aug, a choice between?

Hi rebelfrl
Let me qualify by saying that the pics aren't standard and so I'm giving my best guess.
To me it looks like you may have tuberous breasts with asymmetry.  The areolas are a bit large, but to an extent, that is a matter of preference.  The nipples appear to be too low as well.  These factors argue for a lift.
Getting a lift will cause the breasts to be a bit smaller, in general.  If you want a lift with the same sized breasts or even larger breasts, you will need to get an implant.
Finally, it is not a choice of lift vs. implant.  While it is true that implants will give a degree of lift, they can't lift a breast enough to obviate the need for a lift.  So, if you need a lift, you need a lift, regardless of if you want implants.
Finally, if I am correct about the tuberous breasts, you will need a lift to help create a natural, aesthetic breast result.
All the best.
Sek

Was told I needed a lift & my areolas were to low. Should I get a lift or get implants?

Thank you for your question and photographs and congratulations on your desire to have a breast augmentation.  The best recommendation would be to see a series of board certified plastic surgeons in consultation to have the best treatment options discussed.  An in-person evaluation is essential to identify and discuss your concerns, as well as your desired outcome as your photographs do not accurately represent the amount of breast sagging or possible constricted fold that you appear to have.  I am attaching a link below that should help you find surgeons in your area.  Hope that this helps. 

Do I need a lift?

Thanks for your inquiry and from your pictures I believe you would need a lift with or without implants.  Please seek the opinion of another board certified surgeon to confirm the advice you were given, good luck.  

Should I get a lift or get implants?

To evaluate a patient on this site, since we are not able to do an exam, it would require level front and both side unclothed photos. But from the size of the areola alone it looks like you will need a lift of some type and from the volume asymmetry you would need either an asymmetrical augmentation or a unilateral modest reduction to achieve symmetry. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast augmentation

I would suggest doing 3D photographic analysis to see what you would look like with both the augmentation and the lift.  You can simulate the scars associated with the breast lift as well.  

John Burns, MD

Lift or implants

Thank you for your question. The pictures with your clothing are not ideal to comment. I recommend to talk to a  a board certified PS for evaluation. Also post picture without other clothing and other views preferably taken by somebody with tour hands next to you.

Lift or implants?

Dear rebelgrl,Based on the photos you have shown you would definitely benefit from a lift if you are interested in having an augmentation. I personally would likely recommend a vertical or lollypop style lift but others may also recommend a donut mastopexy (not my favorite result). If you are interested in being larger, an implant is used. If you are looking for just a small increase in size fat injections are a possibility. If you have no desire to be larger, and even want to be a bit smaller, a lift alone would suffice.

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Most likely need a lift

Hello and thank you for your question.  You will most likely need a lift and implants.  Your pictures are not from standard angles and you are wearing clothing that may distort your breast shape so it is hard to give you accurate advice.  Please make sure to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in aesthetic breast surgery.
Sincerely,
Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD