Gurgling in implant, but it's 3+ years after surgery. Is this normal?
Doctor Answers 4
Gurgling around silicone implants
- It could be a seroma (fluid collection) especially if you had Allergan textured implants,
- Or it could be implant rupture,
- Or something else.
- An ultrasound will help and you may need an MRI.
- Once you talk to your plastic surgeon, you may be able to have the studies near your present home.
- But both seromas and implant rupture need to be corrected surgically - they are not an emergency but ideally within 6 weeks. best wishes.
Gurgling implant 3 years post-surgery
I wish you the best of luck and hope all is well with your breasts following your implant.
Gurgling post implant
You might also like...
Silicone breast implant symptoms
A history and physical should be performed. If you have silicone breast implants, MRI may be necessary to further evaluate the implant for a sub clinical rupture.
Best of luck.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.