I had two surgeries for the same problem but still my left nipple going to puffy again.... Any suggestions?

I had two surgeries for the gynocomestia...and after 4 months of surgery my nipels is still puffy...when i touch my nipel i dnt feel any gland inside it but it swells like it swel earlier..what i should do now?

Adressing Puffy Nipples After 2 Surgeries

It's difficult to determine without seeing pictures or in-person. Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.

As each case is different, it is vital that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in male breast surgery. The surgeon should determine if you are a suitable candidate for male breast reduction by #liposuction or #glandular #excision. It is also crucial to have a plastic surgeon who is well-versed in the gynecomastia condition can determine if there is firm breast tissue beneath the areola that is causing the nipples to project (which is often the case), and if so, how much of this glandular tissue can be removed to create a flat appearance.

Male breast reduction

Thank you for your question.  You need to be seen in person by your operating surgeon to determine if a revision is warranted.  If you are still dissatisfied, you may want to seek a second opinion.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Puffy nipples

Thank you for the question but an examination is needed.  so see some experts in your area.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

If you do not feel any lump and your surgeon feels that all the gland has been removed you may have a different situation. This problem is often due to the nerves and myo epithelial cells in the nipple area. It often becomes more noticeable after surgery.The only treatment that can help is removing the nerve supply to the nipple. Please discuss this with your surgeon. 

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon