1 month post op, what can I do for this? (Photos)

I have had this spot since the beginning, although it wasn't opened til a couple weeks ago when the scabbing came off... I just noticed There is a stitch poking through, but could that be causing all of this? My doc told me to put betadine on twice a day and put me on antibiotics, just in case it was infected (he did send off a culture).. We're moving in a month across country and I need this healed before we move.

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (1 month post-po) the swelling have to be minimal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

1 month PostOp, what can I do for this?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs. I am sorry to see your wound healing difficulties after your tummy tuck.  Whether from tension, infection or a suture related issue your incision line has suffered a separation that will need local wound care to heal.  Your surgeon can supply you with their recommended instructions to help this fill in from the inside-out.  It will take several weeks to finish, but your long term appearance should not materially suffer.  Best wishes. 

Slow healing

While this may or may not be healed before you move, it should at least be cleaner and on its way to healing. If you are a smoker or around a smoker this needs to stop immediately. Proper wound care is essential and this is done by you. Each doctor has their own recommendations so you should follow your doctor's. Some people use Betadine, some use topical antibiotic ointment, some use Silvadene(prescription). I typically start with Silvadene until the would is closed/clean and pink and then switch to ointment.

Follow the instructions, provide good wound care, avoid smoke and things should make slow but steady progress until totally healed. Remember, healing is a process, not an event.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD