How I can remove melasma completely ?

their is very lighten melasma on my nose and cheek i want to remove it completely how i can do this as now i'm using fresh aloe vera with vitamin E?

Melasma can be faded but most likely can not be completely removed.

Melasma can not be completely cured, however effective treatment are possible. This is because your skin is extremely sensitive to UV and even the smallest amount can stimulate your pigment cells to produce colour. The mainstay of treatment is strict UV protection- hats, sunglasses and SPF every 4 hours.

I prefer to use a combination of creams and laser for melasma. Hydroquinone can be used (5-8%), along with vitamin A creams. I usually start my patients on laser (low dose Q switch or Picosure) a few weeks after they commence on creams.

In some cases I combine glycolic AHA peels, and in other cases I use a tablet called Tranexamic acid to help.

More information on available treatments in the Web Reference below.

Dr Davin Lim
Laser, surgical and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

Brisbane Dermatologist

Treating Melama NYC

Yes I have been able to completely treat melasma.  However, it may take more than one form of treatment and can take time.  Cosmelan and chemical peels and strict sun avoidance are necessary for the melasma to go away and stay away.  Please consult a specialist.  Best, Dr. Green

Can you treat melasma?

Thank you for your question. Melasma is a very complex and frustrating condition for patients. Your first step in treatment should be to locate a skin expert in your area (best options include board-certified plastic surgeon's offices and dermatologists) to meet with a skin care nurse, physician's assistant, or physician to discuss potential causes and desired outcomes. Often times melasma is a result of hormonal fluctuations, heat intolerance, and exposure to UV light. My skin care nurse, Annie Bruno, RN recommends different products to patients including retinol, kojic acid, azelic acid, vitamin c, and hydroquinone. Get in with a specialist as soon as you can for best practices and safe outcomes.

Be well,

Dr. Todd Hobgood, MD

Todd Christopher Hobgood, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment to permanently remove melasma

Unfortunately, there is no treatment known to permanently remove or resolve melasma. There are many treatments that will greatly improve melasma, but eventually the blaster will return secondary to exposure of the facial skin to UV light. The best treatment for melasma is to lighten the melasma in the winter months and use good skin care and a sunscreen year-round.I hope this helps

Get rid of Melasma Forever!

I would recommend you do a series of 3 Permea laser treatments. Once every 28 days (which is s full skin cell cycle), and then once every 6 months to maintain your results.  We have seen vast improvement in our Melasma patients. Little to no downtime, this is a great treatment!

I sure hope this helps you, be well.

#permea #melisma #brownspots

Melasma Treatment

I would recommend you do a series of 3 Permea laser treatments. Once every 28 days (which is s full skin cell cycle). We have seen vast improvement in Melasma with our patients. Little to no downtime as well!!

Good luck to you, and be well.

#permea   #melisma   #brownspots

Treatment of Melasma

Treatment of melasma requires that you determine if there is any underlying problem and correcting it, if possible. One of these problems is usually sun exposure for which you need to start wearing a good UVA sunblock. The most effective and practical is one containing 8-12% zinc oxide. You then need to then treat the skin. The most effective single product is hydroquinone, though I prefer it in the Obagi Nu-Derm System which works about 2-3 times better than hydroquinone alone. For those with no treatable predisposing problem, you may have to continue treatment indefinitely. See a skin care specialist. (See PlasticSurgeryToday.com/beautifulskinlaserresurfacinghighlandsnorthcarolina/obagi-nu-derm/)

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon