Hips reduction - is it possible? (photo)

I m small girl.my hips bone is so large..which makes me unhappy.everyone insuts me for hips.can I reduce my hips.I that possible

Hips reduction - is it possible?

The width of the hips can be reduced with Liposuction or other body contouring techniques. The picture you have sent it is difficult to assess but the problem is usually solved with Liposuction alone. Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area  to discuss your concerns at length.

All The Best!

India Plastic Surgeon

Hips reduction - is it possible?

If that area is a fatty collection, liposuction may be a very effective tool to help improve the area.

Hips reduction - is it possible?

Your photos suggest that you may have a collection of fat in the saddlebag and hip roll area that affects the width of your hips but it is only guessing without a face-to-face consultation.  As plastic surgeons we judge the potential change by pinching a double layer of skin to determine the thickness of the underlying subcutaneous fat.  If this double pinch is very thin then your shape is largely due to bone and muscle and cannot be altered. If there is excess padding it can be dramatically reduced by liposuction.

Meet with a board-certified plastic surgeon to review photos of other patients and discuss the potential options for you.  Enjoy and review the video above.  Good luck and best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Liposuction

If you have a fair amount of excess fat on your hips, then liposuction can be beneficial. However, if your fullness is due to your bone structure, liposuction may have limited results. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your options.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Hip reduction

Thank you for asking about your hip reduction.

• If the width of your hips is from bone, it cannot be reduced.
  • If it is from a fat deposit, it can easily be removed with liposuction.
  • It is hard to tell from your photo - you might have a consultation with a plastic surgeon to find out.
  • I am very sorry you live in an area where you are insulted for your appearance - you deserve better.
  • Judging from your photo, you have a lovely figure.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS