Support to reduce swelling after Ellanse and Volbella

I had quite a few injections yesterday to fill lip lines and nasal lip creases using ellanse and volbella - lips and nose to lip area very swollen and quite a bit of bruising. Slightly concerned re pout trout! I think my practitioner said 'no' to ice packs but I may have got this wrong - any advice appreciated to help with swelling as have to go to work in a couple of days! I can cover bruising and hopefully this will pass.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  I am sorry to hear of your difficulties after filler placement but rest assured these symptoms will all get better over the next 10-14 days.  It often takes up to 2 weeks for fillers to soften and the tissues to appear more natural.  In the meantime try reducing the swelling by using cold compresses to your lips and elevating your head at night with a couple of extra pillows behind your back.  You may want to also consider using Arnica Montana and bromelain as supplements.  Hang in there!

Every injector has their own protocol

I usually like to use ice, and tell my patients to refrain from physical activity for 24-48 hours. I know some very prominent ( and excellent ) injectors give a one off dose of prednisone after fillers. This is not standard practice, as every injector will have his/ her own set of instructions. 

all the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
BRISBANE, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist