How can I even out the appearance of my face? (photos)

I have a long mid face and a long nose, my cheeks are not very plump and so makes my face appear more narrow, and my lips are quite small, how could I change these issues to look more like the After photos? Is there a way of making my nose shorter in length and make my face more in proportion? Thank you!

How can I even out the appearance of my face?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years. From the photos, your cheeks are quite flat anteriorly (in the front), the chis is weak and the upper lip is thin compared to the lower lip. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face. A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.  I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your upper lip is small compared to your lower. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The upper lip can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant. Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects. Hope this helps.

Rhinoplasty and facial fillers

Thank you for you question and photos. Your desired nasal size and shape are well within reasonable limits and can be achieved by a rhinoplasty procedure in the hands of an experienced plastic surgeon. The cheek and lip fullness you desire can also be achieved using facial fillers. It is importanrt to use absorbable fillers (hyaluronic acid) to minimize complications, and to always ask for the name and brand of the product you have been injected with. Best of luck!

Shady Hayek, MD
Lebanon Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Cheek Implants

Based on your before and after pictures, you are showing a reductive rhinoplasty and small submalar cheek implants. The amount of nasal tip projection shortening is a bit unrealistic however. You should not expect quite that amount of nose reduction.

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

How can I even out the appearance of my face? Perth, Australia

Thank you for your question and images. The main changes that I see on your frontal profile could be achieved with fillers. I personally use like to use Juvaderm which is a form of hyaluronic acid. Fillers are a great options particularly if you have not previously had any plastic surgery. They have the benefits that they can be done in rooms with minimal discomfort and minimal downtown. With some cheek and midaface highlights along with lip volumisation you will achieve a really nice results. You are also a good candidate for a reduction rhinoplasty to reduce the prominence of the nose and improve your overall facial harmony. Good luck.RegardsDr Guy Watts